Extended Stay America - Wilkes-Barre - Hwy. 315
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Lock Haven, Pennsylvania
“Nice place”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

The staff are wonderful, the room was clean and very spacious. The bathroom was bigger than I expeted, only had one issue with it and that was the shower curtain would let water out onto the bathroom floor.

It was located close to everything, including a starbucks.

Only issue we had was with the neighbours upstairs, it sounded like a herd of elephants and went on for 3 nights. We did mention it to the front desk each night, the politely contacted the people but unfortunatley the noise continued. Luckily on the 4th day we had to move due to work, so we no longer had to deal with the noise.

Tips: do laundry during the day otherwise you won't be able to get near the washer/dryers till LATE due to all the men coming back doing laundry.

If you want to BBQ bring your own charcole - they have several BBQ's available out the back by the gazebo.

Apart from the noise we experienced it was a very nice place to stay & would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Wilkes-Barre - Hwy. 315, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Wilkes Barre - Highway 315. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I recently spent two months staying at the Extended Stay Deluxe in Wilkes-Barre. Though not luxurious, it was very comfortable. The room had everything I needed including a kitchen (microwave, cooktop and full-sized fridge), and all the dishes, pots and utensils. The location is extremely convenient to the casino and shopping. The weekly housekeeping service was very thorough. Best of all the staff was terrific.. extremely helpful and friendly. I would highly recommend for a short- or long-term stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Wilkes Barre - Highway 315. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Hope
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I just needed a place to stay in the middle of a long road trip. For a very low bid price, I decided to give it a try. The room was not fancy or super new, but it was clean and nothing was broken. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the room had a fridge, oven, and microwave, as well as a DVD player on the TV. Free DVD's were available at the front desk.

The staff very nicely changed my room to a double when I checked in. If I hadn't wanted to do that, the process would probably only taken 2 minutes. As it was, check out took less than 30 seconds!

The hotel was a little tricky to find at night, and the view and surroundings are not attractive, but for my purposes, it was great value for the money.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed June 1, 2010

My parents and I stayed at the Extended Stay Deluxe in Wilkes Barre for my son's graduation from Wilkes University. From the very beginning of the reservation process, they were extremely helpful. Our plans changed a bit, and the people at the front desk were always gracious and accomodating. Each time they saw us, they asked how the graduation went & congratulated us. Bonnie at the front desk is a mother hen to everyone - I hope the hotel management knows & appreciates what a gem they have in her.

Our room was very spacious - a one bedroom for my parents and a pull-out sofa bed for me. It was your average sofa-bed - not the most comfortable - but served the purpose. We had a kitchen with everything except an oven, which made it great for helping my daughter-in-law prepare food for the graduation party. The bare essentials are in the kitchen area, so I was very glad I had thought to bring along mixing bowls, spatulas, knives, etc. The bathroom was roomy and CLEAN, which is always a big point for my Mom & me. We had 1 issues with the toilet, but a quick plunge & everything was back to normal.

I was very pleasantly surprised that it is as quiet as it is considering it's basically a residence for long-term guests. We had 1 night when the guys across the hall were a little rowdy, but it was Friday night, so I couldn't complain too much.

Overall, this was a wonderful experience with a great staff.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
CT
Reviewed July 7, 2009

We booked a last minute trip to see the Scranton Yankees over the July 4th weekend. We originally booked a 1 bedroom suite but when we arrived they said they computer had overbooked that room (they actually left a message on my machine at home too) and we were put into a room with 2 double beds. While we didn't receive what we wanted, the room we were given was more than sufficient for our needs and cheaper.

We were pleasantly surprised at how clean the hotel and rooms were. There isn't daily maid service but if you're only staying a few days that shouldn't really matter. It was not by any means a luxurious hotel experience but we saved a lot of money by choosing a great hotel that served our basic needs. While the hotel was booked, there wasn't much noise from the neighbors. The staff is very friendly. There is a bagel/muffin station and coffee in the morning.

It's about 15 minutes away from the stadium and right down the street from the casino. Scranton was surprisingly a great destination for a short trip with a young family. See Steamtown NPS.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Newington, Ct
Reviewed November 19, 2008

Excellent hotel. Very clean, comfortable and friendly. By poking around on thier website, I found a way to get a cheaper price on the room by clicking on promotions.

• Liked — Clean !
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed June 6, 2008

Just wanted to write a short review to exrpesss how pleasantly surprised we were last weekend with the Extended Stay Deluxe on Rt 315. Rooms were spacious. The front desk staff member Bonnie was extremely nice and attended to all our needs. She even upgraded our room to two double beds because there were three of us (two adults and a child). She had videos for the guests and my daughter was able to take one out. The room was clean and was equipped with a kitchen. There was fresh coffee in the am along with a light breakfast (i think they serve more food during the week). I have stayed at Extended Stay Hotels before, but this one is by far the best!

Stayed June 2008