“Very Good”

Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
New Hartford, New York
“Very Good”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

For the price this was a very nice hotel. We stayed in a King, Nonsmoking room whice was fine. Clean,neat, and comfortable. Bathroom has the toilet and shower in it with the sink in the bedrrom area near the entrance to the room. This was fine with us. I could shower and my wife could use the sink area to do her makeup and hair with a bother from me.
Again, for the price, the breakfast was adequate and typical for this price range hotel.
Good location, friendly staff. Would stay again

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BMJT

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Reviewed March 4, 2012

1. The walls were so thin that I could hear the employees discussing the cleanliness and behaviors of guests while cleaning the room. I could also hear the guests next door doing anything and everything...
2. I was told that if I didn't check out immediately at the check out time that I would be charged for another night. The check out time was 11:00am, so I asked if I could stay until 1:30pm ( I didn't have a car and was waiting for my friend to get back from a conference). The woman told me that she was sorry, but I needed to check out immediately. I think this is terrible customer service. I waited in the lobby until my friend came back.
3. While I stayed here, the other guests were a sports team. The hotel was loud and there were kids running around the entire time. Th hotel staff said nothing to those people about being courteous to other guests.
4. The staff overall was cold, rude, and didn't have the extra touch of customer service that I have experienced in almost every other hotel I've stayed at.
5. The water from the sink was cloudy, so you can imagine that I had to purchase water from the vending machine at all times during my stay.
Overall, the hotel looked fine and was supposedly clean but my stay proved otherwise. Had I known these things ahead of time, I would've taken my money elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Trjwani
ComfortInnandSuites, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
I'm very disapointed that I was not able to speak to you regarding your recent stay with us. I tried to reach you by phone, but was unsuccessful. I did speak to the staff on duty that morning and asked if they felt they handled anything inappropriately. Without going into details about who said what and how they said it. I just would like to say that we genuinely appreciate your business and on behalf of my staff I would like to appologize for the miscommunication. I'm not used to getting such a negative review on a staff member. I typically hear mostly positive reviews on staff performance. I am again sorry for any misunderstanding. It always amazes me how many interpretations there are for one situation.
Efland, North Carolina
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Stayed here on February 9 and 10, 2012. The room was clean (and that is so important to me) the maids were friendly and helpful as was all of the staff. The pool was an extra special treat, especially with two children in tow. We loved the fresh baked cookies. We slept well as the mattress and pillows were very comfortable. We used the fridge and it worked well, so did the microwave. Even with all of the people that were there, and the fact that the highway was right behind our room, it was one of the quietest hotels we have ever stayed at. Will be back and will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburg, New Hampshire
Reviewed January 7, 2012

Stopped here after being obliged to interrupt a trip from Ohio to New England due to blizzards and multiple problems on the interstate. Our first room looked great until we started looking more closely. The beds had fresh sheets... but we found that there was a great deal of trash between the foundations and headboards. By "trash" we mean corn chips, a lot of hair, and a chicken bone. While the management assured us that they were very concerned about cleanliness (especially things like bugs), bugs are much harder to spot than corn chips. And if they can't spot the immobile Fritos, I suspect that the bugs are getting more of a free ride than anyone would like. Like our friends from Huntsville, we also had a fridge and microwave in the room, though we didn't use them. In some ways the price of this hotel was reasonable, but any hotel room needs to be *clean* before it's OK. And the cookies other travelers spotted were nowhere in sight.

Breakfast bar in the morning is free, reasonably well balanced, and handy. You have a lot of choices: 3 kinds of cereals, oatmeal, eggs (small round egg patties designed for sandwiches, really), sausage patties, white and wheat bread and toast, jelly, fresh coffee, several kinds of juice... you get the picture. And that's a nice way to start your day.

But housekeeping wasn't so great and the room was dirty. Of course, we refused the room - and were moved to another room down the hall that was tidy. My advice: pack a flashlight and always look things over first. Otherwise, not so bad.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Hildemar
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 3, 2012

My wife and I stayed here over Christmas while seeing her family. Rooms were large, with free wi-fi access, fridge, microwave, flat-screen TV and a clean, comfy bed. The lobby was beautifully decorated for the holidays and it was pleasant to take a swim on Christmas day. Weight room was also well-appointed. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Dana72
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 19, 2011

My husband and I have stayed many times at this hotel for a getaway weekend. We get a suite with a hot tub. The lobby of the hotel is beautiful. The staff are attentive and professional, and make great chocolate chip cookies, by the way!!! The rooms are super clean, spacious, and you can't beat that hot tub for relaxing!! We plan on many more getaways at this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front of the hotel are quieter due to the highway behind the hotel, but have slept like...