“Good food not so good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Friendly's

Friendly's
Ranked #106 of 275 Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good food not so good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014

We decided to get our food to-go and the food was really good. The service could have been better but the servers were pleasant.

We ordered the Fish tacos which our daughter loved but she didn't like the spanish rice which comes with the order as it was way to spicy even for my husband. The honey bbq melt was great although we asked for extra crispy fries and got very soft luke warm fries instead.

• Visited August 2014

Lovettsville, Virginia
“Exceptional friendly service, building and decor need work”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

We had a large group for lunch on a Saturday. Had to wait a few minutes to be seated, but they were flexible with our family and put our young ones in their own booth which was nice. Our order came out exactly correct and was pretty good, particularly the Honey BBQ Chicken Melt and the Summer Berry Salad. It took a little longer than average to get both our meals and desserts (included in meal deal), but we did have 12 people in our group. The restaurant itself is in dire need of refurbishment. The tables, carpets and tile are worn and are showing their age. In addition to the capital improvements needed, this place needs a deep cleaning as it appears to be dirty in a lot of spots. Our server was outstanding and very friendly (Kelly) and as mentioned got everything correct in our order. So, if not for the facility this Friendly's would get an above average or excellent, but because it was dirty and worn the best I can do is average.

New Port Richey, Florida
“Correct name for service, not for food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

You'd think with a standing offer from the CEO, "If your not happy a cheerful refund for you meal", would ensure quality control measures. Not so here! A simple 'Fish 'N Chips' order. Fish was package "Gordon's" deep fried in old oil, along with the fries. The place was a bit under the weather for condition, and my companion's was no better.

In short, just pass by, no need to wave, just move on.

• Visited May 2014
Somewhere, USA
“at least they apologized”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

It's been a while since we went here. Something happened bad last time, but we forgot what it was and gave it another try.

For my drink, I ordered a black decaf coffee. It wasn't what I'd call hot, but tolerable. By the time the waitress came back for our order, I had finished it and asked they had any carafes. She said they don't do that anymore, which usually means an empty cup for most of the meal. She was at least pretty good on keeping me replenished and the subsequent cups were hot. I ordered the Buffalo chicken sandwich and my wife, a turkey club. Another server brought out the sandwiches when done, but she gave my wife a turkey melt instead. So she took that back. Then I noticed what looked like a finger hole in my bun (adding pic). Maybe I was too sensitive, but I couldn't bring myself to eat it. When the club came out, I sent mine back. The manager came over with a replacement and apologized. At the end of the meal, the original waitress again said she was sorry, comped my sandwich, and offered free dessert or takeout ice cream. Not wanting dessert and not going home on a warm day, we declined both. Even though the situation was handled as well as can be expected, we probably won't be going back after two negative experiences in a row.

• Visited May 2014
Saint Michaels
“0kay breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Felt like sitting in a greasy spoon and breakfast for the money paid. Needed to remind waitress to refill coffee.

Visited May 2013