“Job well done” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Melody Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wilkes-Barre
Melody Motel
You added Melody Motel to your Saves list
Ranked #20 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Bear Creek, Pennsylvania
“Job well done”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My visit to the Melody Motel came as a great surprise. The rooms have been recently renovated and are quite nice. The owners greet you upon arrival and are warm and charming. I was made to feel like family from the start. The linens are fresh and the rooms are clean. The staff is pleasant the grounds are nicely kept and landscaped.The location is very convenient to town but is far enough away to be quiet. No drugs, no parities and no "ladies". A hidden gem.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank tina b

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My uncle called and asked me to come stay with him for a short time while he was sick. There was not enough room at his place so I decided to look for a Motel. I called the Melody and the price was right. When I arrived the owner, Mr. Singh, was like a friend of the past. I talked with him for over 30 minutes upon arrival so it immediately felt like home. The TV is big, small fridge and microwave. The internet works BEAUTIFUL and has a desk for the laptop. The room is very clean and comfortable. I have been here over a month now so that should be a review in itself. You can walk next store and get some good food cheap and they are friendly too. It is a short ride to other eateries and the mall. The mountains are nice here too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank MotelMel
Hughesville, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

My boyfriend and I go to the casino every now and then and we get a room for the night. I made a reservation for the Melody inn on Kayak and requested a king size bed. When we finally found the place because our GPS couldn't figure out where it was and hte owners directions weren't any better, we were told we needed to go to their other motel down the road because "it was much much nicer".and they didn't have a kind size on site. So we went to the other motel and checked in to our "king size room". We walked in to what appeared to have been a converted maintenance building. There was a huge mirror mural of a vuluptuous woman in a bikini holding a beach ball taking up most of the wall. The carpet was dirty and very aged. I walked into the bathroom to find all pink tile with a similar paited mural on the shower door of ducks and a BIDET! We slept there for the night, we felt a little unsafe so we pushed the desk infront of the door, the bed was a king but horribly uncomfortable and we didn't shower because we figured we would feel dirtier in the end. Overall, it is a great motel story to tell because it was soo bad it was like something out of a movie!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank accalea
harnoor s, Manager at Melody Motel, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
We understand that you booked your room with kyack and room wasn,t avaiable and we send you our other motel room was nice and clean.

now we made lot off renovations in our first motel and looks nice and great rooms , ccomfortable, quiet, spaicous .

so soory about that inconvience for your stay and we would like if you keep coming back with us and stay with us .

all rooms got renovated and comes with all amnities . thanks management
Rochester, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

ok-so I was looking for the cheapest place around and the price reflected what we got. My significant other was working at the Mohegan sun casino overnights, commuting from upstate new york a three hour drive so we stayed in area hotels till we got an apartment. We reserved melody for one night-which was one too many! -because the woodlands where we were staying the rest of the time didn't have anything available that night. It looked bad from the outside and wasnt any better in. The owner was nice but when I had called to reserve the room didn't say anything about the rate being cash only. So we arrive with no cash and are charged an extra fee to use credit. The room- I couldn't get past the smell- very strong of mold- I felt I was suffocating in there. I ended up going with my partner to work and sleeping in the car parking lot. The person staying next door to us at melody had her car packed with junk and seemed to be straight from an episode of hoarders. The room did have a fridge in it and the internet worked. The people seemed nice but the room was uninhabitable. The few hours we spent there I had to hold cloth up to my noise to stand being there. I didn't dare look around too closely for fear of what I might see.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
3 Thank wrightbros360
harnoor s, Manager at Melody Motel, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
We understand your problem and we trying to improve next time your issue and we would like if you make reservation with us next time so you will have great stay with us