“magnifico”

Isabella Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Isabella Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 275 Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Jumper Road
Description: Handicap accessible 45-person private dining room with 80" flat screen TV, wi-fi, and video and teleconferencing. This space is perfect for an intimate social gathering like a baby shower, rehearsal dinner or family get together. Our private dining room is also an ideal spot for business meetings.
Frederick, Maryland
“magnifico”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

i dont give excellents out often but if there were something better than excellent this restaurant would get it. The staff at the hotel told me to go there,my wife told me to go there and it had great reviews on TA. Plus it was close to our BW hotel,
The food is seasonal and they make great pains to do farm to table. The friendliest staff I have ever had the good fortune to run into. They will make suggestions when asked from apps to tastings to specials , even what kinds of wines to match.
We went with tapas which are done in a fusion way. for apps we had a poached peach soup which is the best soup I ever had. My friend got a edamame salad. And for the main part we both got the scallops, which had red and yellow watermelon cubes coupled with a jalapeno sauce. I know right? Who would think in Wilkes Barre? but the owners support the chefs who get enthusiastic and daring and are supported by all the staff. Its like a big family with a rich uncle.
anyway they have a more traditional menu as well, and it sounds like another Italian restaurant but if you live there I would eat out there every night . Find some excuse to pass through Wilkes Barre you will be glad you did.the GPS had a mistake but it is close to the casino . Call if you cant find it. its small which is part of its charm so make a reservation.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank jaxon27

Hartford, Connecticut
“Beat Accidwental Find on our Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

We were driving thru the area and wanted lunch. The sign caught our eye, so we went in. We are used to country club restaurants, and this met all of our expectations. Great food for reasonable prices (yes, I did say reasonable) and a lovely atmosphere. Our waitress was extremely friendly and didn't let our water glasses get below half full - which was great considering it was above 90 degrees outside. After we paid the check, the manager came over and mentioned a patron had just celebrated his 87th Birthday here today, and he wanted to share his cake with everyone in the restaurant. What a lovely and yummy thing to share!

When we are back in the area, we will be certain to bypass Wolfgand Puck's restaurant down the road and head straight here :-)

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank MsCasualTravelor
Kingston, Pennsylvania
“GREAT FOOD AND WONDERFUL STAFF”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

THE Food Is Always Great With Changing Seasons.The Staff Is Also The Best . Ask For a Wine And Allan will direct you To Exactly what you want.if something is not on the menu,they will try to help you find what will satisfy your appetite.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank foodie917
Baltimore, MD
“Fine dining in Northeast PA! Great food & atmosphere!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2011

This was a great surprise! My wife and I live in Baltimore and this restaurant could stand with all of the greats here in Charm City. Anyway, my in-laws had heard good things about this place so we gave it a try. Boy are we glad we did!
We started off with a round of drinks...no problems.
For apps...we both split a special of a yellow tomato caprice salad...fresh motz was awesome!!
For entres I got a med-rare tuna encrusted in wasabi with jasmine coconut rice...awesome. My wife got cavatelli pasta (they make their own pasta!!!) with crab meat and a red sauce...I ended up eating half of it for her because she was full :)
My mother-in-law got Salmon which looked great and my father-in-law got rigitoni which he loved.
Bottom line this place was great from the atmosphere to the food. I guess the only thing to beware of is the place is a little small so you need a reservation. Besides that...go and enjoy this gem in of all places Wilkes-Barre...and then when you are done the casino is down the road.

• Visited June 2011