“Great place to stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I love this hotel. You stay here, you'll be satisfied. Not only is the hotel great but it is within walking distance of a half dozen places to grab a bite or to quench your thirst. My thanks to the staff for a very pleasant experience. I have more travel in my future and would recommend this as a hotel if you're staying in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Everything about this hotel was great except for the climate controls.
The facility was very clean!
The room was clean and fresh.
The pool and exercise room were great.
The breakfast was very good.
The staff were ALL pleasant and helpful.

The only downside was the AC.
It was VERY WARM in the breakfast area.
The AC in our 4th floor room only operated at "high" and it was VERY, VERY Loud!!!!

Room Tip: Sleep quality and room would both be excellent if the room AC was not so LOUD! It was impossible to...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 14, 2014

This was our second time staying at this Hampton Inn. Unfortunately, both times for funerals in Nanticoke. Location was perfect. Easy on/off 81 and many places seconds away from restaurants to supermarkets, Walmart, Kohls, arena etc. I am amazed at how quiet this place is given its close proximity to 81. Staff is very pleasant. Pool looked very inviting. Breakfast and breakfast room very pleasant. Bed was extremely comfortable and I have sampled my share of hotel beds this year touring colleges with my daughter. Not all rooms have fridge/microwave, so if that is important to you be sure to ask when making reservation. We were on the side facing 309. View of mountains is very nice even though you are looking over the shopping center. We will be back to visit this location for an upcoming wedding and looking forward to our stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Everything from check in to check out was great. Breakfast was wonderful and fresh. Workout room, pool and hot tub were all clean. It was brought to my attention that I was Hilton Honors Member when I checked in, and thanked for being one when I checked out. When ever our room needed some extras, we had them with in 5 minutes! There were 8 of us all together and when I suggested having rooms close together, they asked if I wanted adjoining rooms, that was super. We had 3 rooms and nobody had any problems with anything. I highly recommend the Hampton Inn and Suites and Hilton Garden Inn and Suites for your future stay, family or business.

1  Thank Brenda D
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I stayed here for one night at the beggining of March. I was travelling north on 81 and it was a convenient place to stop overnight. Overall it was a pleasant stay. The hotel is very quiet and clean which are the two most important criteria in choosing accomodation. I should mention that in addition to free breakfast and internet you receive in the room free coffee and tea. Highly recommended. I had dinner at Longhorn restaurant which is about 5 minutes drive from the hotel.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

This is a new facility in an area with other hotels under construction nearby. It may be a bit hard to find on some GPS units, even by street address, but the Interstate signs will help you.

This is the first of any Hampton Inns we have stayed in with what we can only describe as
modern-chic decor and room layout. Different, and perfectly good, but a bit of a surprise.

What was not surprising was the consistently outstanding standards of cleanliness and the excellent hot breakfast and courteous service which is the norm at all Hamptons.

Room Tip: All should be good.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn in Wilkes Barre. I love this hotel. The staff was very pleasant, the rooms clean. Most of all, the hotel has a great breakfast, the seating is open and accessible. The fitness center is the best ive ever seen in this type of hotel. Large room with free weights, mirrors, high quality tread mills, mats, medicine balls, exercise balls, and more. I didnt use the pool, but will be prepared next time. I highly recommend Hampton Inn