“Grateful for our stay at Hampton Wilkes-Barre!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We were here for an overnight stay attending a family member's wedding. The hotel was booked as this was the graduation weekend from the local colleges. We were warmly greeted by the friendly and helpful personnel. Our elderly aunt ran into some medical issues and needed some attention, ex. a refrigerator and microwave as some of the hotel rooms do NOT have these items (we were quite shocked) as ours did. " Janet" (hope we got her name right) from the front desk brought these heavy items up personally STAT! The staff was very concerned and tried to help in every way. We really did appreciate their care and concern.
When we travel to Wilkes Barre we stay at either this hotel or the Hilton Garden Inn located right down the street. The full breakfast in the AM is really good too. Thanks so much to the staff of Hampton Wilkes-Barre!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Jeff F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your visit and kind words regarding at our Hampton Inn & Suites located in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania. I am very proud of our team and know each member is committed on making every visit an enjoyable experience for our guests. It is very rewarding when I find their efforts were recognized and you left with a pleasant memory. I will share your comment with our entire team
We know you have many choices when making your travel plans and value your decision to stay with us. We continually strive to make improvements in service and accommodations and dedicated in exceeding the expectations of each of our guests. I am very interested if you might share any thoughts regarding how we may have made your visit perfect. Perfection is our goal.
I look forward to hopefully see you whenever your travel plans bring you back our way.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I initially stayed at this Hampton in August 2012 when I visited my dad for two weeks. Family circumstances required me to extend my stay into September and it eventually ran to 18 days. During that visit, the staff was continually courteous and helpful and made the extension of my reservation as easy as possible. This great experience led me to book my recent stay there in May. This time I brought my wife, and we both had a wonderful stay. The staff again was courteous and very helpful, and in one case they even provided concierge-type service (finding us a local notary) that I don't really expect from a hotel of this level. The rooms were clean and quiet with excellent internet access. The Wilkes-Barre Hampton will be my first option when booking future travel to the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Thomas D

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Before booking a hotel, we read all the reviews on this hotel. As the number one hotel in WB, we had high expectations and were not disappointed! The entire staff was friendly at all times and ready to assist with any question or concern. The hotel provided a complete breakfast, with breads, eggs, sausage, cereal, milk, fruit, juice, coffee, etc. We never had to go out to eat in the mornings. If you prefer to eat breakfast out, the hotel is located near several restaurants and Wegman's (grocery store). For a quick lunch we drove over to Wegman's and grab food from their take out section! Our room was a good size, the king bed was extremely comfortable, and the bathroom was clean and looked new. The internet was easy to access and available at all times. I have nothing bad to say about this hotel.

1  Thank Tinley8283

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We usually stay at a Hampton when we travel and they are all great. This hotel is even better than usual, extremely clean and a great staff! The breakfast was fresh and delicious. It's everything we want in a hotel. Can't wait to return someday.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Robert C

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Stayed 3 nights with a group for a local sporting activity. Desk personnel
were super on check-in and extremely helpful with suggestions and
directions to local establishments. On return to the area, will definitely
consider staying again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank pappynmimi

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I agree with everything nice that was previously said about this hotel! I especially liked that a note was left in our room to say that ALL linens and bedding were cleaned just for us. I would also say that the breakfast was better than average and I really liked that there was fresh fruit.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the front of the hotel have a nicer view and are away from the highway, so they would p...
1  Thank Willma44

Reviewed April 26, 2013

This is a real top Hampton property - our room was pristine clean and comfortable. Internet was very good. Staff pleasant, friendly and professional. Breakfast area was really nice - well stocked. Fresh fruit and coffee were available all day. Several restaurants a short drive away. Will definitely stay again and highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple