“Very Good Facility & Service”

Hampton Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Very Good Facility & Service”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Stayed 3 nights with a group for a local sporting activity. Desk personnel
were super on check-in and extremely helpful with suggestions and
directions to local establishments. On return to the area, will definitely
consider staying again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank pappynmimi
Jeff F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your visit and kind words regarding at our Hampton Inn & Suites located in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania. I am very proud of our team and know each member is committed on making every visit an enjoyable experience for our guests. It is very rewarding when I find their efforts were recognized and you left with a pleasant memory. I will share your comment with our entire team
We know you have many choices when making your travel plans and value your decision to stay with us. We continually strive to make improvements in service and accommodations and dedicated in exceeding the expectations of each of our guests. I am very interested if you might share any thoughts regarding how we may have made your visit perfect. Perfection is our goal.
I look forward to hopefully see you whenever your travel plans bring you back our way.
Jeff Foster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Ontario
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I agree with everything nice that was previously said about this hotel! I especially liked that a note was left in our room to say that ALL linens and bedding were cleaned just for us. I would also say that the breakfast was better than average and I really liked that there was fresh fruit.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the front of the hotel have a nicer view and are away from the highway, so they would p...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Willma44
NB
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This is a real top Hampton property - our room was pristine clean and comfortable. Internet was very good. Staff pleasant, friendly and professional. Breakfast area was really nice - well stocked. Fresh fruit and coffee were available all day. Several restaurants a short drive away. Will definitely stay again and highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Gaithersburg, Maryland
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed here in order to stay at the same hotel with my family. Glad Mom picked this. What a great place. All non-smoking (and didn't smell like anyone had broken the rules). Room was spotless, with pretty furniture, nice bathroom "fixins". There's coffee, decaf and tea in the lobby at all times. And the complimentary breakfast was way better than average... offered cereal, oatmeal/fixins, scrambled eggs, sausage, make-your-own waffles, variety of breads/pastries, fresh fruit, fruit salad, yogurt, juices... and a beautiful sunny breakfast room. Highly recommended. Oh, and if you book online use the comment section... I booked late and had to get a king suite (more than I needed!) but left a comment that I preferred a standard room. When I checked in they said that they'd had someone request a king suite and had switched me to the double that I asked for in my note. Rooms were reasonably quiet. Locks felt secure. Couldn't ask for more. (more $ than a budget hotel, about $150 for a Saturday night. last minute...)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank Lauren B
New Tripoli, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We had a very pleasant overnight stay at this Hampton Inn. The hotel was clean, the staff friendly, and the breakfast had plenty of choices. Would definitely recommend. It's not really within walking distance of a lot of things, but with a car it didn't take long to get to a mall, casino and plenty of restaurants.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Quakertown, United States
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Excellent place to stay, very scenic but close to everything. Clean quiet friendly staff. The breakfast bar was clean and attention was paid by staff to make sure all the eatings were fresh and available.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Fayetteville, PA, United States
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The Wilkes Barre staff were very helpful upon learning we were headed to Mohegan Sun Casino. They provided maps and add'l info that was very, very helpful. After many years of travel we have learned to stay at Hampton Inns. They always have friendly helpful staff and the full breakfast is good - esp. the staff who keep the area clean (not so at many other chains). This one was no exception. We only stay at Hampton Inns (unless stranded in some out of the way little town) and always come away without any complaints.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family