“What? I can't hear you? What? You want a snake medium well and a free room? No a steak medium well with mushrooms!”

Bar Louie at Mohegan Sun
Ranked #18 of 275 Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Scranton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Inside Mohegan Sun Casino the restaurant is very long and large. I recommend reservations. The live music is way, way too loud! You can't carry on a conversation.

The lighting is very dark which I like. You can sit at a table, a booth, or at the bar in the back. Food is very modern. Service is so, so. To me this is more of a bar than a restaurant.

I liked the pretzel sticks with three dipping sauces. The fish tacos were very good! Everything else was average. Only two desserts to choose from. The cocktail menu is plentiful!

There is a comfortable lounge area in the front by the hostess stand. You can see the slot machines on the casino floor but you can't hear them. Lol! If you want to drink, eat and head bang with the band this is your dream place. Not a good place for a first date or business lunch.

• Visited September 2013

“Terrible Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

We went to Bar Louie and the service was very slow, in fact we had to wait an hour and a half for appetizers. Everyone else seemed to get their food faster than we did. I asked them if they would comp us drinks for such a long wait, they did but it still left us feeling like we will not be going back anytime soon.

• Visited August 2013
Bronx, New York
“Just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

We went here last Saturday to meet some friends for dinner and drinks. It was ok. The staff was friendly though it took some time to get drinks. I had to ask for water several times before I got it. The place was clean and very spacious. The food was ok, extremely salty and pretty average. I asked for tater tots and got fries instead but they did bring me tots when i brought it to their attention. The band was very loud for the space which made it very difficult to have a conversation. All in all good to go watch some free live music (no cover) without people on top of you, and have a drink.

• Visited July 2013
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

A must go to if you are at the Casino. Offers great food and great drinks. Service is awesome and look forward to coming to this gem of a bar/restaurant every time I visit!

Visited June 2013
Pennsylvania
“Service Needs Improvement”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Menu selection is ok. Salads are good. Servers not too attentive. Last time we went here our server pretty much forgot about us. He was so busy delivering beer bucket specials that we waited half an hour for our check. He was tied up with other duties throughout the time he waited on us. He did apologize for all the delays.

• Visited April 2013