“A Good meal in a Casino”

Ruth's Chris Steak House - Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 289 Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House at Mohegan Sun serves up exceptional service & sizzling taste. Our signature steaks are seared to perfection at 1,800° & topped with fresh butter so they sizzle all the way to your table. Experience the sensation of private dining at Ruth’s Chris & treat your special guests to unforgettable dining for your next business gathering, family celebration, or anything in between. From our humble beginnings on Broad Street in New Orleans to our current position as the world's largest fine dining company, Ruth's Chris Steak House has come quite a long way in its first four decades. In 2010, we celebrated our 45th anniversary, & we consider it a celebration of the life of a woman who broke the mold - our founder, Ruth Fertel. COME JOIN US & EXPERIENCE PERFECTION YOURSELF!!
Reviewed August 29, 2014

Ruth's Chris at Pocono Downs is a place where you can always get a good meal if you are willing to pay the price. The steaks are always suburb and the side are very large - even for 3-4 people. The service is competent but they do push the drinks each chance they get. Everything is an add on so be prepared. Go for steak and salad with one drink and you'll do fine. It is a good fall back when Rustic Kitchen is full and you still want a sit- down meal.

Reviewed August 22, 2014

This was out third Ruth's Chris, and while overall the service and food were good - My wife's fillet was excellent, I ordered a T-Bone med rare and was served a steak at least med well.

The sides, wine and service were excellent, but to get an over cooked Steak in a steak house of this reputation was disappointing.

To be fair - they did credit me for the steak.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

We ate at the Mohegan Sun Ruth's Chris on Friday August 15th and had 1 excellent meal and 1 terrible meal. This used to be our "go to" restaurant 5-6 times a year until recently. Our server was very good. I was excited to see the prime bone in Kansas City Strip listed as a special again. They only run this steak one or twice a year. The KC strip was around $55. My wife ordered the 8 oz. filet 2 around $48. Both were ordered medium. The filet was cooked perfectly and was wonderful. The KC strip was not a strip steak at all! It had the texture of a Delmonico or loose rib eye. It was undercooked and fatty. Definitely not a bone in KC strip or prime beef. We skipped dessert since dinner was a huge disappointment for me. The inconsistent quality on repeated trips points to one thing...poor management.

1  Thank OCC04
Reviewed August 12, 2014

I should start by saying I visit Ruth Chris 8-10 times a year at locations all over the country, as I travel for business. The problem here is staffing. The quality of the food was what you would expect at Ruth Chris, but the staff was Applebee's! I realize you cannot find the career servers in Northeastern Pennsylvania that you find in Boston, New York and Los Angeles, but you have to do better than what's there. There was a total disconnet between my server and her job. I was forced to "track down" items from other servers, waited excessive amounts of time for items (while she was chatting with other staff) and was victim to countless "I forgot" situations. The steak was served undercooked, but I decided to just eat it instead of waiting for the server, knowing she would have only taken the steak back while my side dishes got cold. All and all a bad experience for a $70 meal. Here's my tip to the management....hire people with a little more "seasoning" that are focused on their job and can provide a dinning "experience" that one can expect at Ruth Chris. A good server can make a nice income (especially with repeat business) in that setting.

3  Thank Jim R
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Three of us had lunch at Ruth Chris last week. The service was excellent. The staff knows how to treat people. Everyone could not do enough for you. You didn't even have to ask for
any beverage refills, they just did it automatically. That is the sign of a good server.
The Mixed Grill for lunch was great. It consisted of a filet mignon, crab cake, and cheese infused chicken breast. A large grill tomato was also on the plate. We split a huge baked potato and I enjoyed a chopped salad also. Everything was piping hot and enjoyed by all. We would certainly go there again.

1  Thank CarolEastonPA