“Superb Food!”
Review of Oyster

Reserve with OpenTable
Oyster is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 290 Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Pennsylvania & N. Washington
Description: Located within the Genetti Hospitality Complex and Best Western Plus Hotel in downtown Wilkes Barre. There is free parking out front or buzz at the gate of the hotel parking for entry to free parking. We feature the BEST CRAB CAKE and folks from Maryland can attest! Butter Poached lobster tail and a filet mignon that melts in your mouth! Creme Brulee and coconut pie - a must! Great Italian dishes - meat balls the size of tennis balls! Eggplant Parmesan and several Italian inspired pork dishes! Chicken Marsala and Chicken Francese! We specialize in luxury weddings - Oyster Weddings and special events - rooms from 40 up to 80!
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Saturday was a special evening. One of our daughters was inducted into Psi Chi, The International Honor Society for Psychology and to celebrate we wanted a great restaurant near her school – Misericordia University.
We did. Oyster Seafood and Steakhouse was fantastic. We would have expected to find a restaurant of this caliber in the NY metro area, what a wonderful surprise to find it in Wilkes-Barre PA.
The décor is interesting, lots of brick, sheer curtains and candles. An ideal location for that special romantic dinner.
The food was incredible, the portions ample and the service was good in a “Legal Seafood” sort of way.
Each of us had an appetizer; the spicy sushi tuna tempera roll was a hit with both of my daughters, my son loved the crab cake which seemed to be 99% lump crab, I had the Carpaccio and my wife a salad. Needless to say the appetizers set a high bar for the pending entrees.
The entrees were sensational. The girls has a special of the night – tuna prepared with 7 types of pairs described as “incredible”, my wife had a surf and turf special with the lobster tail stuffed with crab – there was so much crab she had to dig to find the lobster tail. My son and I each had steaks – extremely tender and perfectly done.
We topped off the evening with cappuccino and a couple of shared deserts.
This is not your every day, let’s grab dinner place – too expensive for that. It is a fantastic option if you want to celebrate or impress someone.
Looking for that special dinner? Give Oyster a try.

2  Thank rflormann

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I never would have made a reservation here had I known it was nestled in a Best Western. When I arrived, I should have just kept driving. The decor is tacky - I felt like I was in a low-rate wedding with the white veils from floor to ceiling throughout. The spicy tuna tempura role did all it could ti hide the fact that there was almost no tuna. The shrimp carbonara was simly not good. The only thing good I had was a beer - as my daughter put it, "That's because they didn't make it." And that sums up Oyster, my friends. Go to Cafe Toscana instead.

3  Thank JSR518
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Last night we went to Oysters for dinner. WE ordered Lobster bisque and it was really salty, calamari-no flavor. My husband ordered Chilean sea ball with capt. Morgan painted rum sauce and it came out really spicy with red peppers and he complained the the waiter that it was the wrong topping. The waiters response was:"sometimes Peter gets creative". No apology, not offer to take it back, nothing. Good thing it wasn't the first time we went there or we'd never go back. Hopefully whatever the problem was last night it won't happen again.

1  Thank Gerri M
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We chose Oyster because of its unique menu and proximity to a performance of the Northeast Philharmonic that night in Wilkes Barre. The restaurant is relaxing, quiet, and offers a nice selection of seafood and non-seafood choices. Wine selection is ample and cocktails are well made. A mistake was made with our appetizer and the waitress took it off of the bill. A turn-off is the bar, which allows smoking, and is the only way into Oyster.

1  Thank Upstatelakelady
Reviewed October 23, 2012

One of the best meals I've ever had - what a surprise!
Nice ambience, good bartender, wonderful waitress, excellent chef - I had scallops, my sister the surf and turf, both were great

1  Thank Barbara C