“A Pearl...”
Review of Oyster

Oyster
Reserve with OpenTable
Oyster is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 276 Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Pennsylvania & N. Washington
Houston, Texas
“A Pearl...”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This restaurant is located in the Best Western Genneti Hotel, but seperately owned and operated. It is a real find with a menu that includes aged beef, fresh fish and family Italian recipes. All are well done and proundly served by a well trained staff, including a chef that has cooked for Oprah and another member who was a contestent on the Food Network. I am glad we tried Oyster and look forward to trying other dishes on the menu.

Visited June 2012

Houston,TX
“A wonderful surprise in Wilkes-Barre,PA.”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We were travelling across country and had reserved a room @ Gennetti's Hotel in downtown W-B.
At check in we met the owner Gus Gennetti and he recommended the Oyster restaurant which is in the hotel, but independently owned and managed by Tom Grecco. After looking at other restaurants in town we decided to give it a try. An excellent decision. The chef has cooked for Oprah and Mya Angelou and the pastry chef was a contestant on Top Chef. The menu is varied with fine aged beef, freshly flown in seafood and Itialian items, including some from Mr.Grecco's family. The choice was not easy but after chain restaurants we chose two Italian specialties, They were both delicious. The wait staff match the kitchen crew. They are professional, well trained about food and drink.
All-in-all a great find in hotel and food in Wilkes-Barre. We reccommend

• Visited June 2012
NJ
“Different”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Spent a night at the hotel (Best Western Genetti) upon entering the hotel we seen this and decided to go here for dinner before we left for the casino. Upon looking over the menu I decided on the lobster bisque for my appi, I asked the waiter how it was and told him it was my favorite food and I usually always critique the bisque - When he placed it down in front of me my mouth watered as it looked very good, I took a spoonful and liked it, then another and thought its a little salty.. another and another and with each sip, it got so strong that I only had 1/2 of the cup, it became unbearable due to the amount of salt. When he came over and asked how it was I said "truthfully, very salty" he proceded to tell me that it was not cooked with salt. Ok - let him go on but this couldnt be true, so chalk that up. I had the surf and turf which was very good, although the lobster itself seemed salty also, but not as bad as the soup. Coffee for dessert was supposed to be Expresso, but I think he ran the coffee thru the grinds a few times - coffee and expresso have two different tastes, so I took one sip and left it. The next AM we received free breakfast buffet atOyster , and going along with the person above I got to see the room in its entirety, lets just say its strange, very strange decor - up front were tables and beds - it looks like a junk room made into a resturant, and the sheers camouflage the crap.

• Visited June 2012
New Paltz,NY
“Not all it claims to be”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Actually the Oysters were fantastic but the rest of the menu was too expensive for the value.

Visited May 2012
Harveys Lake, Pennsylvania, USA
“Best Kept Secret in Wilkes-Barre!!!”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

First of all, I went on a scouting mission to expand my choice of restaurants. I ordered shrimp and crab cakes for appetizers, and the wait was long, but the server, Travis, helped break-up the monotony. I really didn't care for the choice of appetizers, but decided to see this mission through.

However, the dinner spoke for itself and this was the most amazing meal I have ever eaten!!! I had the surf and turf and for the price of $29.99 (WOW). The filet was freshly hand-cut and was of very generous proportion!

Oyster is the best kept secret in the Wyoming Valley! I have been everywhere in the greater Northeastern and Central Pennsylvania region, and this place has been the most impressive, by far!

I think I have found my new favorite restaurant and I give this place 5 Stars!!!

Please go there if you want to splurge without hurting your budget.

• Visited February 2012