“Great food, good service”

Rustic Kitchen Bistro & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Rustic Kitchen Bistro & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 276 Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre
Cuisines: Italian, American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Staten Island, New York
“Great food, good service”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have eaten at Rustic Kitchen twice. The food is good and portions are large. Try the Mac'n Cheese and the rice balls. The food is only a few dollars more than the Wolfgang Puck counter service and tastes better.

This is more like food you would find in NYC or a cosmopolitan area. Much of the food in the Poconos can be bland, but not Rustic Kitchen.

The service is good.

If you can, sit in the back room. You have more space and won't realize you're in a casino.

Would definitely eat at again.

Reading, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great for Lunch!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My friend and I went for lunch here since it seemed to have the most varied lunch menu at Poconos Downs. The meal started with a small plate of bite-sized pieces of foccacia bread accompanied by a delicious yet simple warm hummus dip. I had read reviews about how good the meatballs were, so started with them as an appetizer. I'm not a big fan of Italian food (or meatballs) in general, but these were hands down the best meatballs I've ever eaten. A bit pricey at $9 but you get a large plate of about a dozen small, tender meatballs covered in a flavorful tomato sauce.
We both had the Tilapia Francese ($13) which tasted more like cod, but was still delicious. It came with two pieces of fish in a lemon sauce with capers, roasted red potatoes and asst. veggies. A very good meal, especially for the price.
The service was great and the dining room is very stylish. We are looking forward to trying Rustic Kitchen for dinner next time!

stamford, ct
“Delicious food and amazing service--”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I'm talking about you, Jill! My husband and I ate there yesterday, after droppin a child off at camp.This place is located in the Mohegan Sun Casino at Pocono Downs. It is pleasant, with rustic "Tuscan" ambiance, and you can see all of the action in the casino if you get a table in the bar area instead of the back room. All of the food was plentiful, tasty and well-priced. Our waitress, Jill, was incredibly efficient, friendly and solicitous, nimbly responding to any request.I recommend this place--it has something for everyone--salads, seafood, pasta, various baked dishes with chicken or other meats, and the bread and white bean dip they serve is also great. Eat here before you lose your money at the casino---you're sure to be a winner.

1 Thank reginalampert
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Watch for Hidden Charges”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Had an average meal at Rustic Kitchen, but when presented with the bill, the total did not match the cost of the items. When I asked a manager why the total was higher than the items when added up, he went to ask our server (Sarah). When he returned, he explained that we were charged for extra sauce. We explained to him that we were not informed of an additional charge for extra sauce, and even if we did, then why wasn't it listed on the bill?
The server told the manager that she DID tell us about the additional charge for the extra sauce. I wasn't going to argue with her (I guess the customer isn't always right), but still asked BOTH, why wasn't the charge on the bill? They could not explain. I don't trust a restaurant that will give you an intemized bill, that doesn't equal the total being charged. We won't return.

Pennsylvania
“Always a Great Meal!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I've dined here numerous times and always have a delicious meal. I've tried pretty much all of their appetizers and seafood and pasta entree items and they meet gourmet standards. The food is always presented in a very appetizing manner. The off-menu specials are usually very interesting too. The chef(s) are to be commended!
They are usually very busy on Friday and Saturday nights, so I suggest making a reservation.
The managers are often visible and checking customer satisfaction.

• Visited May 2013