“OK Place”

Rustic Kitchen Bistro & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Rustic Kitchen Bistro & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 293 Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed January 7, 2012

We were checking out the Mohegan Sun and decided to eat at Rustic Kitchen because of the reviews. I agree that the place is nice and the food is good, but I don't agree that it is worth a five rating, as there are certainly better restaurants.

We ate lunch here, which was pricey (I expected it). Eggplant rollatini for an appetizer was good, but the eggplant was very thin ($9). She had a cobb salad, which was presented on a long plate with the ingrediants split apart, which was different. ($13). I had a roast beef sandwich, which was messy but OK ($12).

The service was good. Overall, it was OK, but I don't think I will be going back.

Reviewed December 26, 2011

Located in the Mohegan Sun Casino this restaurant is a good place to go when you want a different locale to dine. Oven pizza is good. Love the decor in the dining room. Can be a real fun place to go for a special event because you can arrange for a cooking demonstration in the separate soundproof kitchen theater.

Reviewed October 16, 2011

I have eaten at every resturant at Mohegan sun except Ruth Chris ( can't justify price in this economy) I must say the Rustic Kitchen was a cut above the rest. Food was delicious, service prompt, it was an all around great experience.

Reviewed October 2, 2011

Food is very good. Perfect portions and served at the right temperature (i hate cold pasta and a warm salad). Wait staff was friendly and informative (Rustic Kitchen is a small chain and our waiter gave us the whole story as well as the story about the dimpled plates). Arancini is a great appetizer and the chopped antipasto salad was awesome! As far as dinner goes you really can't miss. Spaghetti is good, meatballs are good and the Champagne Chicken & Lobster is very good. Overall great experience and good value, we will certainly be back!

Reviewed September 20, 2011

My boyfriend and I ate at the Rustic Kitchen this past Saturday, September 17th. I cannot tell you how pleased we were with the staff and the food. The décor is romantic and lovely and the service was top-notch. At the start of your meal they serve you olive focaccia bread with a garlic hummus dip that is divine. For an appetizer we had the eggplant rollatini, and I have to say it was the best I have ever had (and I’m 100% Italian). My boyfriend got the orange salmon and I got the spinach ravioli, which were also exceptional. You don’t get huge portions at the Rustic Kitchen, but they are just enough. (Unfortunately we did not have enough room for dessert, but they did indeed look delicious as we looked on at the diners who did.) Our waitress was excellent and we were most impressed with the Manager who was extremely friendly and who came to our table to chat with us and see if everything was okay.

The entire experience was pleasurable from beginning to end and I would highly recommend this restaurant. We can’t wait to go back!