“Can't go wrong”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre Scranton
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Reviewed June 16, 2010

We have always had good luck with Fairfield inns, and this was no exception! Hotel common areas were nicely decorated, and clean. Rooms were comfortable and also very clean. Two hot tubs in pool area. The usual great breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed May 22, 2010

Frpm the gritty area and the exterior I didn't expect much but as soon as I stepped through the front doors, I was struck by the tastefulness and elegance of the lobby. The colors are gorgeous -- gold and green -- and you feel instantly in another world. The front desk personnel were calm and extremely pleasant.. The room (2 queens) included a fridge and was beautifully appointed. The exercise room was excellent. This hotel was in total an unexpected and pleasant surprise. The outside parts were not so good -- TGIF nearby was noisy and the service careless, and the neighboring gas station proved inaccessible from the motel... a roundabout route was required to find gas at all. I had to make several U-turns to get in and out of the hotel, find gas, get on route in the morning. But --- the place itself is an oasis.

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed May 13, 2010

This hotel was really terrific. I found it fairly easy to get to from I-81 (although it is not right off the interstate) and there is a lot close by. There is a TGIFridays right next door which is very convenient.

From the minute we walked into the lobby the kids were so excited. The decor is very modern. The lobby itself was a great gathering area with loads of seating and I think they even had free internet terminals. Although it was PACKED so I am not sure about that. There was some kind of sports tournament going on and the hotel was FULL of teenage girls and their families. Even though our room was right by the elevator I didn't hear a thing all night and slept great.

The room itself was quite spacious and very clean. We had a King Suite with a bedroom area and living area.The kids slept on the full size pull-out sofa bed. They were excited to have not only a TV but radio as well in the living area. There was a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. There was another TV in the bedroom area with the King size bed. The room was open though so not for people looking for some privacy. The kids really enjoyed the pool which was open late (which suited us perfectly). Breakfast was very good. A wide variety of food from bagels and toast to yogurt and cereal, fresh fruit, Nutri-Grain bars and even microwavable Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches.

The staff was terrific as well. The young lady taking care of the breakfast area did a wonderful job keeping things well-stocked and clean (even though it was busier than I have ever seen a hotel breakfast area). We did have a problem with the ceiling leaking in our room due to some heavy rain - but the woman at the front desk gave us a discount on the price of our stay for the inconvenience, no hassles what-so-ever.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 29, 2010

We stayed there on our way home from Florida. Everything was perfect in the hotel. Brand new nicely decorated comfortable beds with duvet good breakfast . tea and coffee when you want.. We did not try the pool and exercise room but we went to lookk at them and everything was spotless.It is a bit pricey . There is a TGF restaurant next door. The only downside was when we left to take the 81 north it obliged us to take the P.A. turnpike to get to it. Iwould definetly stay there again. Beware of coupons we showed one for 79$ but the only room they had was 120$ ax included.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2010

Great hotel to stay at in Wilkes-Barre and definitely recommended if you are in town for the Baby Pens games. Perfect service, and there was a very nice lady who helped us out with a ton of breakfast choices! Stay here!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 7, 2010

I've stayed in this hotel several times for business in the Wilkes-Barre area - it has been wonderfully consistent every time I've stayed. The front desk staff is just fantastic - they are friendly, accommodating, and eager to help with anything you might need. During one stay I was working nights, and they helped me out by finding me the quietest room possible (away from the elevator) and arranged to have it cleaned by the housekeeping supervisors as soon as they started their shift so I could come "home" to a clean room in the morning.
The rooms are a bit small, but have jazzy modern decor (lime green and navy blue!)
The only complaint I have is that not all the rooms have refrigerators and microwaves, and on a couple of occasions my room wasn't as spotless as I would have liked. However, I'm super-picky so it would probably be just fine for most people.
Overall, a nice, consistent business traveler experience!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 2, 2010

I have nothing but good things to say.

It was Thanksgiving weekend so I know the place was very busy but everyone was nice and helpful. The biggest plus was that even though they were so busy the rooms were very clean. If you are looking for a overall good hotel I would consider staying here, it's worth the extra money.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple