All reviews tgi fridays parking lot waffles free breakfast room was clean breakfast staff front desk staff king suite the mohegan sun casino shuttle service business trip staff was friendly free shuttle comfortable stay quality inn night's sleep a great place to stay
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Sweet girl at front desk but for price in a hotel off highway not soo good; although; free breakfast!! Hope good and don't not stopping at every bathroom to Maine. Wilkes Barre best place to stop off 81

• Stayed: June 2013
mnafus, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Thank you for choosing us! We accommodate many guests each evening & the principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable services to each at a reasonable price. I apologize that we fell short of your expectations. If you have any additional comments or suggestions as to how we can make your next visit more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to let us know. We look forward to serving you in the future!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

The hotel is in a good location for Wilkes-Barre area businesses, schools, attractions, etc. It's right off the highway, near the Mohegan Sun casino, and close to restaurants with a TGI Fridays right in the parking lot. It is an average Fairfield Inn property with the brand's new decor and furnishings. The rooms are small and tight with 2 beds and half of them overlook the roof of another building.

The two opportunities I witnessed during my stay relate to the cleanliness and the service. Our room had hair in the bathroom, a toothpick on the floor in the bedroom, and leftover items in the refrigerator, which makes me question the thoroughness of the cleaning. I called the property a few times before arrival to inquire about a room block, make a reservation, request room location, and request early check in for a wedding. Most of the times we called, the same unpleasant woman answered who was obviously not happy to be working there. When I told her that we had an upcoming reservation and wanted to make some requests, I would expect her to say something like "We're glad you're coming to visit us. What can I do to help make your stay more enjoyable?" Instead, she simply says "last name" and proceeded to interact with me that way for the whole call, as if she was a robot with no personality and no professionalism. She made it clear that my requests annoyed her and she couldn't help me. Even though I called numerous times and followed her instructions, I still didn't get the room I requested ready for early check in. The room was available and vacant when we arrived, but it just wasn't cleaned and made a priority for a Marriott Rewards member like me.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

We accommodate many guests each evening & the principal goal of our hotel
is to provide dependable satisfactory service. It's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy. Please accept my sincere apology. Our hotel & myself take great pride in providing excellent guest service. I want you to know that the comments & suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Please be assured that the issues you have raised have been addressed & that appropriate action has been taken. We want to prevent problems from recurring. Therefore, I'd like you to give us another chance by staying with us again during your next visit to this area.

Please feel free to call me directly to discuss further. (MIchael Nafus 570-208-4455)

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Loved the king suite with separate tv in sitting area with couch, desk and end table. We ended up getting pizza (Serpico's around the corner - darned good pizza!) and bringing it back to the room and sat on the couch watching tv and eating - felt just like home :) Our room (427) overlooked some type of grassy area with picnic tables and some people were out there talking quite late (past midnight). We probably should have called down to the front desk, but didn't. We could hear them over the AC. Later during the night when they were gone, we ended up opening the windows and the road noise was barely noticeable.

We left before breakfast was served, so can't comment on food. Room and entire hotel was exceptionally clean, even the stairways were spotless (and looked freshly painted).

It is definitely not an easy place to get to, but with my phone's navigation help, we did find it. Enter by TGI Fridays, stay to the right and go around back. You can see the hotel since it's a little taller.

Room Tip: 427 should have been quiet if not for the people outside at the picnic tables talking...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the compliments & feedback! We appreciate your business & thank you for noticing our efforts. Please feel free to call us anytime during your stay to help with any concern. We do not want you to have any worries. We would be happy to serve you again.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We arrived early but our room wasn't ready; not sure why I would have expected that since I am a Platinum Premier Marriott member. I stayed here several times and I would say while the staff is friendly, I think this ranks on average with most of the FI's.
There must have been a soccer tournament going on that weekend because of the NY license plates, the hotel was packed and people were laying around the lobby area all day; not very appealing but not the hotel's fault.
Not sure why folks think the hotel is hard to find since you can see it from the road coming down 309 on the hill. Not sure what else they want. It is right next to Applebee's so if you can find that, you should be able to find the hotel.
Unfortunately, there are not a ton of options in this area for hotels. Maybe once the Casino adds their hotel, the choices will open up or maybe some better than average hotels will open up there since it appears to be coming more of a hotspot with the fracking nearby.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing us during your recent visit to Wilkes-Barre. We appreciate your patronage and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed here on a recent road trip to the east coast. Unfortunately, we arrived in the middle of horrendous rainstorm in the PA mountains. We had a little trouble figuring out where it was, but finally found the hotel - mainly by accident. Staff was very nice. Room was exceptionally clean. Got a good night's sleep. Very comfy beds.

Room Tip: Make sure you print out good maps to find it.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for choosing us! It is our goal to make every guests stay with us enjoyable, which is why your feedback is so important. Thank you for being honest about the quality of your stay with us. We have noted your comments & we are working to improve upon specific areas.