“Stayed both ways of trip to DC area.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre Scranton

Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre Scranton
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Adks,NY
“Stayed both ways of trip to DC area.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have enjoyed a Fairfield Inn & Suites in the DC area so opted to try this one in Scranton which is about half-way between my home and grandchildren. It's a little pricey for one person but clean, comfortable and feels safe. I opted to choose food from the Travel Mart rather than go out to eat alone. The manager gave me a tray to carry my food to my room. The second night I stayed I was given a room with microwave and refrigerator which made my decision to dine in again, an easy one. I was surprised to find no lotion in my room but when I mentioned it at the desk, I was given a bottle so asked upon check-in on my return trip.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
mnafus, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre Scranton, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for choosing us! We appreciate your comments & look forward to serving you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Lewisburg, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

It is a nice facility, but it wasn't as clean as we expect from Marriott hotels. The carpet on our floor looked as though it had not been swept for a day or two and was also ready to be shampooed. The coffee pot in our room had not been cleaned. Rooms facing the highway can expect road noise. The hotel did not offer hot oatmeal at breakfast which is one of the reason we like Fairfield Inns.

The front desk staff and breakfast attendant were very cordial and capable.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the front parking lot will probably be quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for your time concerning this matter. We apologize for the issues you experienced. I am sorry we did not speak before you checked-out, but I would be happy to personally handle any of your questions or concerns. Please let me know how I may help (570)208-4455.
Mayfield Heights, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

Driving from Connecticut to Cleveland on a Friday night this was a good location to stop for the night. It is slightly more $20 than the Fairfield Inn in Scranton. Close to the highway. Enter at the Fridays restaurant and drive to the rear lot to get to the Inn. It is directly across the road from the Veterans Administration Hospital. Here is the serendipity part, noticed when we got off the exit that the Mohegan Sun Casino was nearby. When we checked in I asked how far the casino was from the Inn. The clerk gave my wife and I two $10 slot free play coupons. When we got to the Casino they gave us each another $20 in slot free play. Well worth the extra $20 compared to Scranton. Spent an hour and won enough to pay for the entire room on the Casino!

Room was very clean, king bed, free wifi, nice indoor pool and hot tub, modern though small exercise room, business area has two workstations with printers.
Free Breakfast has a hostess that makes waffles for you. Continental breakfast include jimmy dean sausage sandwiches. Good coffee with flavored and flavored creamers.

We will stay here again on our next driving trip west.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the wonderful comments! Your feedback is appreciated by our staff. Please visit us again!
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

great servie, ultra clean rooms, and common areas...used shuttle service for dinner...friendly breakfast attendant..all went great! $92 corp. rate....was able to handle large party of 9 rooms with professionalism

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
mnafus, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre Scranton, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for the positive comments! We look forward to serving you in the future. Thanks for letting us know that you noticed our efforts, we appreciate you.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed over the Thanksgiving holiday with a toddler and infant to visit family in the area. A day before our stay, they called to offer us a room upgrade because they noticed in our reservation that we were traveling with an infant and a larger suite room had become available. We were not charged for this upgrade and the room was great. Unlike another review, we were told upon reservation that our room wouldn't be cleaned on Thanksgiving day because they gave cleaning staff time off for the holiday. And good for them. I respect that hard working hotel staff deserve a day off to spend with family. The staff was exceptional. Friendly, helpful, and kind. We hit the breakfast buffet and pool in the morning with the kids and had a great time.

Room Tip: Note on your reservation that you are traveling with young kids; staff will take care of you!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank AmyD_521_12
Thank you for the wonderful and kind feedback! We appreciate your business and it is our goal to make sure you are satisfied. Our staff is proud and we are thankful for your comments. We look forward to serving you and your family in the future!
endicott, New York, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

What an amazing place to stay! My wife and I stayed for one evening and took advantage of the FREE shuttle to and from the casino. What a great staff! This is why we love Marriotts! Highly recommend if your staying over for a flight out, enjoying the local area or going to the casino.
We will stay again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
mnafus, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre Scranton, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for the kind comments! Please visit us again. We are here to serve you!
Sparta, New Jersey, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I have traveled all over the US and I have to say, this hotel felt like home; average size facility with a nice center lobby (fireplace, ample and comfortable seating area with large flat screen TV over the fireplace mantle) Comfortable room (king size bed was very comfortable), clean, quiet, toasty warm and safe! (security staff present but not overbearing) Friendly staff...convenient to restaurants and shopping. Hotel has a nice size indoor pool and 2 hot tubs....We stayed on the main level which was convenient to the lobby and pool. Since we were there due to the super storm in NJ and could not find a hotel that had power, we traveled 2 hrs to get there..it was worth the travel time. I would go out of my way if ever I needed a place to stay for the comfort and service I received while I was there....

Room Tip: Rooms on the 1st floor are convenient for access to lobby and pool.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
mnafus, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre Scranton, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding.
Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very
best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our
staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Thank you & we are here to serve you!