Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre Scranton
GardenInn.com
$131
Hampton.com
$105
Comfort Inn & Suites(Wilkes-Barre)(Great Value!)
$84
ComfortInn
$85
Hotels.com
Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena(Wilkes-Barre)(Great Value!)
$50
$98
Mohegan Sun Pocono(Wilkes-Barre)
$143
Travelocity
All reviewstgi fridayswafflesparking lotfree breakfastroom was cleanbreakfast stafffront desk staffmorning breakfastking suitethe mohegan sun casinofree shuttleshuttle servicecomfortable staystaff was friendlyupon checknight's sleepa great place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night with family while visiting my brother at King's College.

First, the positives:
-This hotel is beautifully appointed. The decor is modern and the rooms are really lovely. The lobby and breakfast area were large and welcoming. I wouldn't change a thing about the actual property-it's beautiful!
-The location is great when visiting the Wilkes-Barre area. It's close to the mall and restaurants, highways, etc.
-The complimentary breakfast was above average in offering a wide variety of items, including Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches that could be quickly heated and enjoyed. It was well-stocked...this was the one area where the service was excellent.
-They have an indoor pool (including a hot tub) and fitness room.
-They offered homemade cookies as well as coffee and water in the lobby throughout the day, which was a nice extra.

And now, unfortunately, the negatives...the hotel is, apparently, severely understaffed.
-We arrived around 5:15PM to check in (over 2 hours after the 3PM check-in time) and were told that our room wasn't ready. Because we had 6:00 dinner reservations and needed to change and get ready, they offered us another room to utilize temporarily while they worked on ours (which was only minimally helpful to us...what about offering late check-out or some money back to compensate for our hassle?). I've traveled extensively and I've never been told that so late in the day. We then had to move all of our stuff to the new room once that was ready. Just inconvenient.
-We called down to the front desk for extra pillows. It took us 2 phone calls and almost 2 hours later, they were finally delivered.
-The pool area was a disaster, full of used towels, trash, items left behind, etc. It looked like it hadn't been touched in days. There was only 3 clean towels there-so I had to wait at the front desk for almost 10 minutes, behind the 7-8 other people there for various issues, to get additional towels.

All in all, I was frustrated that the service was so poor, because I really did love this hotel. I think I'd give it another shot when visiting the area but hope that they can pull their act together before then.

A couple of tips, when visiting this hotel/area: I'd recommend Isabella Restaurant, only about 1 mile down the road, for a nice meal. Vsit Hillside Farms (about 10 minutes away) to see farm animals and enjoy some homemade dairy treats. Seven Tubs Nature area is great for hiking (only about 3 minutes from hotel).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
mnafus, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you for choosing our Fairfield Inn & Suites. We appreciate your business & hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again. Although we strive for excellence, it seems that we fell short of your expectations. I personally apologize for any issues that occurred. We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. It's only through your eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide. Thank you for the honest feedback. If you have any additional comments or suggestions as to how we can make your next visit more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I travel to Wiles-Barre every week and the Fairfield Inn & Suites was my first choice. Staff is VERY friendly, the property is quiet & clean. Beds are comfortable and internet is easy to use. Be sure to take advantage of the continental breakfast and other amenities. Very convenient location.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thanks for your positive comments that we work so hard for! We are glad you noticed our dedication to you. Please stay with us again when in the area & we promise to take care of any of your lodging needs. We are here for you!

Reviewed September 10, 2012

A very nice place to stay. Excellent location near the Mall, Ponoco Downs and other spots in the Wilkes-Barre area. The hotel itself was very clear and quiet. Excellent breakfast with a good variety. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
mnafus, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. It is exactly what we want to hear from all guests. We accommodate many guests each evening and we strive to make their stay satisfactory. Your feedback is welcomed and we hope you can visit us again in the future!

Reviewed August 30, 2012

After driving for eight hours, I chose this Fairfield Inn to stay over in before continuing my journey to the Cape. It was exactly what I was looking for: friendly staff, impeccably clean room, hassle-free wireless access and a very comfortable bed. The climate controls were simple and responsive- no high tech thermostats to wrestle with here. The price was very reasonable. TGI Friday's right next door. All in all, I was definitely satisfied and would return again without hesitation.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

to receive your kind words of praise. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our
staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you! Again, let me thank you for your kind words. We're committed to total guest satisfaction and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Been here multiple times, usually for a night in between travels. Suites are very nice, front desk has always been friendly and the breakfast is well done. Someone always there to restock and help. Have been to other Fairfield's on East Coast and here the selection is at the top. TVs are new, clean - highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: If rewards guest ask for a suite, if available there is a difference.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Yankee_Devils_Fan

Thanks so much for your kind comments! Your feedback is greatly appreciated by our entire staff and rewarding as well. It is our goal to to exceed your expectations and meet all your needs. We hope to serve you in the future.