“Welcoming Place to Stop Overnight”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre Scranton
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
urbana ohio
“Welcoming Place to Stop Overnight”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

After driving for eight hours, I chose this Fairfield Inn to stay over in before continuing my journey to the Cape. It was exactly what I was looking for: friendly staff, impeccably clean room, hassle-free wireless access and a very comfortable bed. The climate controls were simple and responsive- no high tech thermostats to wrestle with here. The price was very reasonable. TGI Friday's right next door. All in all, I was definitely satisfied and would return again without hesitation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
mnafus, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre Scranton, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
to receive your kind words of praise. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our
staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you! Again, let me thank you for your kind words. We're committed to total guest satisfaction and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Endicott, NY
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Been here multiple times, usually for a night in between travels. Suites are very nice, front desk has always been friendly and the breakfast is well done. Someone always there to restock and help. Have been to other Fairfield's on East Coast and here the selection is at the top. TVs are new, clean - highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: If rewards guest ask for a suite, if available there is a difference.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Yankee_Devils_Fan
Thanks so much for your kind comments! Your feedback is greatly appreciated by our entire staff and rewarding as well. It is our goal to to exceed your expectations and meet all your needs. We hope to serve you in the future.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 23, 2012

This hotel was recently renovated, and it had a fun, young feel. Nice lobby and business area. Within 10 minutes of arriving to the hotel, we were on the free shuttle to the nearby casino. The shuttle was awesome because we could have a great time without having to worry about driving! The room was comfortable and clean. The hotel is a little hard to find; our navigation system took us to Toys-r-us, but it was off the road and quiet. Would definitely stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank surfinginflorida
mnafus, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre Scranton, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thanks so much! It is truly rewarding to receive your positive feedback. Our staff is working hard and is eager to serve you in the future. Thanks again for taking the time to express your positive experiences!
absecon nj
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Had ants on nighttable. Front desk never apologized but said they would send someone to spray. When I asked if it was taken care of, the girl at the desk said that I had cookies in the room implying the ants were my fault. Two unopened tiny bags of cookies on the desk, not the nighttable, and the ants magically appeared. Manager did not apologize but said he did not condone the attitude of the girl at the desk. Never asked if the problem was taken care of, which it was not, and didn't seem to care. Handled very poorly. Took $20 off my bill. Will never stay here again. Very poor customer service.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank waybackAbseconNj
, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre Scranton, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Hello,

I'm Mike Nafus, General Manager. I want you to know that the concerns of our guests are taken seriously and we follow through to find a satisfactory solution to any concern. I specifically remember personally speaking to you at the front desk. I certainly apologize that you left feeling I did not handle your concerns properly. I accept full responsibility. You asked to speak with a manager. I was there promptly. You stated your concerns and I asked if the problem was resolved. You stated the ants were back in the morning. I apologized again and then I reviewed your bill upon the check out process. You then stated you were unhappy with the front desk associate and I stated I would speak with that employee. I did speak with the employee. I also stated that I do not condone the approach that you experienced with our staff. I saw the $20 credit that was apllied to your final bill and asked if there was anything else I could do. I do realize you did not seem excited with my resolution, but you did not state any further dissatisfaction at that time. I am sorry I failed to see otherwise.

If you would prefer, please feel free to call me directly at (570) 208-4455 ext. 7154
Palmerton
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The only complaint that I have about this place is the old lady who does the breakfast is like Jekyll & Hyde. One minute she's yelling at you to move to get someone else ketchup from the cabinet below while your trying to put a sandwich in the microwave or chewing some little kids butt out to not play with the waffle maker when she wasn't even touching it. Then the next minute she was wishing you a pleasant day. Someone has to get grandma back on her meds. Besides that the hotel was great! Nice clean rooms, located close to everything shops, restuarants & the arena, & nice indoor pool. Overall I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for the positive comments concerning our facilities and location. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable services and facilities to all of our guests. We accommodate many guests each evening and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. It's only with your feedback that we can assess the quality of the services and facilities we provide for our guests.
kingsport, tn
Reviewed July 9, 2012

On a trip from Montreal to Tennessee we needed to stop for the night. Not wanting to spend a lot for just a place to crash, I picked up one of those coupon books for travelers. Fairfield Inn had an ad, I was surprised and happy to see. Nice to have a little touch of luxury to break up a long road trip!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lifeforcekris
Thank you for the feedback. It's only through your eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide. Thank you for your positive comments. We're committed to total guest satisfaction and we look forward to your next visit.
Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 19, 2012

The Fairfield Inn & Suites is close to many attraction and restaurants in Wilkes-Barre. The hotel is clean, the staff friendly, and the room rate is reasonable. We are Marriott Elite members so we expect good hotel quality and this hotel did not disappoint! We would stay there again when in this area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank McKatz
to receive your kind words of praise!!! It's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our
staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices.

Thanks so much, we look forward to serving you in the future as well!