“Not Low Budget at all!”

Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Northbrook, Illinois
“Not Low Budget at all!”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I'm a full service Marriott gal. First time at a Fairfield Inn. Fabulous. Clean. Comfortable beds. Quiet. Free breakfast in morning with cereal, fruit, yogurt, waffles and breakfast sandwiches. Staff was helpful. Easy on and off the highway.

Beautiful decorations in lobby. Lovely ceramics - even in room. I was really impressed. The TGIF was not bad either!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
mnafus, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre Scranton, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise. Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very
best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to let us know it's noticed, But, it's only through your eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

Again, let me thank you for your kind words. We're committed to total guest satisfaction and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed February 22, 2012

The hotel is conveniently located near everything, service is adequate but unfortunately cleanliness was lacking. Bathroom wasn't cleaned properly upon check in. Not sure i will be returning. Will probably try the W nearby.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank FicoUCF
I'm concerned about the issues you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening & we strive to make their stay satisfactory. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service for all of guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you had a negative experience.

Please accept my sincere apology & please contact me personally to address any of your concerns.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I wish they wouldn't have called it a "suite" ... a tiny little fridge and a popcorn microwave does not a suite make. The sitting area simply served to crowd the rest of the room and bathroom. Alas, the rate was good and this is kind of a get-what-you-pay-for accommodation.

The hotel staff were great throughout ... particularly the kind, patient lady who looked after the breakfast service. Kudos to her for keeping our needs met as we wrestled with our two youngsters.

Room Tip: I think some of the rooms face the freeway ... which is right down the hill - our room didn't an...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us & providing feedback on how we can enhance our services. We strive for excellence & do not want to fall short of our guest expectations. If you have any additional comments or suggestions as to how we can make your next visit more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to let us know. I personally apologize for any issues that occurred.

Again, Thank you for your honest comments. We look forward to serving you.
Binghamton, New York, USA
Reviewed January 16, 2012

We went to see Seinfeld in WB and decided to stay here because it isn't far from the casino, is located next door to a TGI Friday's, and it is a newer place to stay. The room offers a modern design (with a desk nook), 2 TVs, a nice lounge area. Also, the room had excellent sound insulation, we heard no noises from our neighbors or the highway. The only complaints I have were: 1. The was a large brown hand stain on the bathroom door - i'm not sure how the cleaning staff missed this but they did. However, since we were checking in late to see the show, we didn't have time to complain. 2. The light pollution in the room is horrendous. It is difficult to sleep when you have light coming in from the window, and blinking lights overhead from the smoke detectors. 3. The TV show selections wasn't that great. Why spend the money to have brand new HDTVs in a room, only to broadcast fuzzy and stretched Standard Definition broadcasts? Overall, I would stay here again, but I'd make sure i complained about the cleaning and brought my sleeping mask to hide the annoying lights.

Room Tip: About a mile from the Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs, and they have a shuttle
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Navarath
mnafus, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre Scranton, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Thank you for choosing our Fairfield Inn & Suites for your recent stay in Wilkes-Barre. We appreciate your patronage and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again.

It is our goal to make every guests stay with us enjoyable, which is why your feedback is so important. Thank you for being honest about the quality of your stay with us. Our staff has noted your comments and we are working to improve upon specific areas. I am pleased to annouce that we now have HD programs!

Although we strive for excellence, sometimes we fall short of our guest expectations. If you have any additional comments or suggestions as to how we can make your next visit more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to let us know. I personally apologize for any issues that occurred.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 7, 2012

It was a Friday night when we arrived. I was at first concerned when we had to drive through a crowded TGIF lot to find the hotel (it just didn't make sense that I had to go through one to get to the other). But once I got there, I was very surprised. Having stayed in Fairfields before, I expected a plain, no frills, hotel. I was wrong. The hotel is stylish, warm, and inviting. They even have cookies on the front counter! Nice touch.

The only negative at this point was the lack of enthusiasm on the part of the front desk clerk.

The room was just as warm and inviting, and we had no issues. Breakfast the next morning was good as well. On checkout, a different front desk clerk had the same lack of enthusiasm as the girl the night before, which I don't understand.

There are a lot of dining options in the area as well as a mall. It is convenient to just about everything, including town and the highways.

The front desk clerk almost caused me to give them a 4 instead of a 5, but what the heck...We'll be back.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tomrudz

It is our goal to make every guests stay with us enjoyable, which is why your feedback is so important. Thank you for being honest about the quality of service you experienced with us. Service has always been our top priority & we expect more out of each other. Our staff has noted your comments and we are working to improve upon specific areas.

Take care & hope to see you again!
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed January 6, 2012

This was a great place to stay! My friends and I were traveling down to MD and stayed here mid-way. It was a good stopping point, many resturants in walking distance. Staff was friendly and helpful. Area is a bit confusing to drive around in, but the hotel is great. I'd stay here again if I was in the area!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Thank you! We would be happy for you to serve you again. As with all responses, we reviewed with all staff & we appreciate the positive feedback. We take pride in providing the service that will make you want to return!

Hope to see you again!
hilton head s c
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I cannot say enough positives about this hotel. I stayed for 5 nights during Christmas 2011. All the employees from the front desk to the housekeeping staff were great. The complimentary breakfast buffet is the biggest and best I have ever had...plus Miranda was so attentive to every need....Make sure you try her homemade bluebery waffles. Location is great: next to a TGIF's and across the street from the Wyoming Valley Mall. The Mohegan Sun Casino is 3 miles down the road. Why stay at a more expensive hotel?

Room Tip: Lower floors closer to indoor pool and fitness room.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Thanks so much for the wonderful comments. Your experience is exactly our goal for all guests! We will look forward to seeing you around Christmas time again! Thanks for choosing our property & we look forward to you visit this winter!

Thanks!