We stayed in a suite this time--much nicer (obviously) than regular room. I find the regular rooms way too small and uncomfortable. We've never had a problem with cleanliness at this hotel, having stayed here maybe 8 times. Our room was very clean and kept clean during our stay. The staff--from the front desk, to housekeeping, to women who run the breakfast buffet--are all friendly and take evident pride in their hotel. They are also very honest. Our room was full of gifts after visiting family for Christmas, and never has there been a problem with things missing.
Downside: My husband always gets a sore back here--he says the bed is too soft; I find it comfortable, but I guess it depends on your back. Breakfast is very basic--but we are happy with yogurt, cereal, and toast.
So, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here if you get a good deal. My main complaint is that it has gotten more and more expensive in the past two years, and we don't feel like it is worth it. $150/night for an interstate hotel in this area is ridiculous. There are several comparable hotels in the area--all clean and relatively convenient. We stay where we get the best deal. Had we known that Genetti's and East Mountain Inn have both just been renovated, we probably would have stayed at one of those. They have extra large rooms that are not as expensive as the suites at the Fairfield, and we could have saved a lot of money. In short, we like this hotel, but we are not so loyal that we won't find the best deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilkes Barre Scranton. Located in the heart of the Wyoming Valley, convenient to the Pocono Mountains, it's the perfect hotel for business and leisure travelers alike. Nearby you will find countless eateries and shopping centers including the Wyoming Valley Mall, Arena Hub Plaza, Wilkes-Barre Township Marketplace, Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs, TGI Friday's and many more. And there's always something to do with the Mohegan Sun Arena and Pocono Raceway closeby. All of guestrooms feature complimentary Wired and Wireless High-Speed Internet access, a luxurious bedding package, 32" flat screen television, and a comfortable well-lit work space. We are conveniently located near King's College, Misericordia University, and Wilkes University, as well as the VA Hospital, Geisinger, Wyoming Valley Healthcare Systems, Pride Mobility and Keystone Automotive. Stay with us and see why the Fairfield Inn & Suites WB/Scranton is the perfect choice when traveling in Northeastern Pennsylvania ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre Scranton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Hotel Wilkes-Barre
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Wilkes-Barre/Scranton