“Great food, friendly staff, fun/romantic atmosphere.”

Cork Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 291 Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Great atmosphere with amazing food and a friendly staff! A fun and inviting local bar and resturant with a romantic feel in the upstairs dining room. Make sure to try one of the many speciality martinis, I suggest the berried treasure!

1  Thank HeatherBev5686

Reviewed February 23, 2012

I had heard such wonderful things about this place....and then I went there. Sadly, I was treated like a piece of dirt. I went with my cousin and the hostess completely ignored me as if I wasn't even there. She spoke only to my cousin. The few statements I made to her went unacknowledged. The food was okay, but I will not go back after the way I was treated.

1  Thank mpace2233
Reviewed February 22, 2012

So for the first time the advice of a majority of trip advisor reviews were 100% wrong. I should have taken the advice of the one poor review because that person was spot on. The fried calamari was average at best, the salad with the house dressing was not bad, but the main dish was less terrible. The chicken was dry, the mozarella was not melted on top and the peppers were not fresh but definitely out of a jar. The vegetables were cooked poorly and the mashed potatoes tasted like they were made from a box. My advice.....do not eat here.

3  Thank Travelingfoodcritic23
Reviewed January 18, 2012

If your preference is to skip the predictable (and generally mediocre) chain restaurants and "Shop & Dine Local" then Cork is a wonderful local restaurant to support! You'll be happy you did. I've eaten there with friends and family, but it's also one of the very few places I'm comfortable going to solo. The downstairs bar is cozy and the full menu is available. The upstairs dining room is perfect for anything from romantic dinner to a larger party. The owner and the staff are warm and welcoming. I know I should delve a little deeper into the menu, but the Duet of Tuna appetizer -- velvety ahi tuna seared tataki-style with a tuna tempura roll on the best seaweed salad -- is a must have! I've enjoyed any number of the entrees from the Shrimp & Crab Bolognaise to the Chicken Franchaise featured on the regular menu (which does change a bit seasonally,) but the weekly specials always tempt me. I love that entrees come with a mix of tender/crisp never soggy veggies. Cork's enclosed back patio is a great "after work, meet up with friends" feature in the warmer months -- great drinks and appetizers, good burgers and seafood. Located in Wilkes-Barre's "trendy North End" just a few minutes from Public Square, Cork may be a little trick to find at first, but it's well worth it!

Reviewed January 9, 2012

We loved this place! It was our anniversary and we wanted to try a new place as we haven't lived in the area that long. While I admit we had a little difficulty finding it (the GPS was having trouble getting us there), it was worth it in the end. We were a little skeptical at first after having trouble finding a parking place (the small lot was filled) and seeing that it is in the middle of a residential neighborhood. After entering, we were feeling a little better. It's got a great decor and atmoshere. The service was great and we both enjoyed our meals, appetizers, and desserts. The owner found out it was our anniversary and gave us a glass of champagne, which I feel went above and beyond and goes a long way in customer service. The extra touches are always appreciated and stand out in your memory. I highly recommend this restaurant as I have to area people I have met. We will be back more often.

3  Thank phoenixpride