“Near Airport but make sure shuttle will take you!”

Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Recently stayed at the Quality Inn because I had an early morning flight. I had a strange feeling so I called to check that the shuttle would be available at 4:30 AM - they told me it would not be. I told them that I would be cancelling the reservation but then they quickly agreed to the shuttle taking me at 4:30 AM to the nearby small airport. When I checked in the night before, I was informed that a shuttle had been ordered for 4:30. After dinner at the attached TGI Fridays (a real plus) on the way back to the room, I was told that the manager would be driving the shuttle but at 5 because now they had other passengers going to the airport. I reminded them that the only reason I was at this hotel was because they agreed to a 4:30 shuttle. They told me that the 5 would be fine. I told them that I fly from this airport many times a year and know that most of their flights leave early because they connect and their manager does not make my flight plans.
Finally, I was told that they would pick me up at 4:30. Then, I was put in a room next to a guest that had been there awhile and was known to have "problems". So the police was at his door at midnight - obviously, staying at the hotel to get some sleep and be close to the airport turned into a ridiculous comedy of errors.
Moral of the story - nice hotel with questionable management skills -

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Quality_Inn_WB_GM, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Thank you for submitting your review of the Quality Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre. I apologize about the scheduling matter related to our airport shuttle service. I will look into this matter. The normal shuttle times are from 8am to 11pm daily and we do our best to accomodate special requests. Thank you for staying with us; we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again. - Mark

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center

Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is a very nice Quality Inn the rooms are very clean and the staff friendly.
You can't beat the morning breakfast, with eggs, bacon, oatmeal and a host of other choices.
The only exception is the outside stairs & halls they were awful they looked like they had not been cleaned all winter! The windows in our room had not been washed for quite a while, also.
We would stay here again but to have a very nice place like this spoiled by a few issues is to bad.

Room Tip: back side second floor is nice and away from street
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review of the Quality Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre. I am pleased that you had a good stay with us. I apologize that there may have been some debris in the stairways and hallways. We do sweep the property several times daily, yet there are occasions when the wind wins the battle. Thank you also for sharing your Room Tip for other travelers as well. We look forward to seeing you again! - Mark

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We recently stayed at the quality Inn Wilkes Barre . I was very pleasantly surprised as I usually stay at Sheraton. Marriott etc. it was very clean. Comfortable beds, staff were friendly, check in and willingness to locate us in a ground floor room was very positive.
The hot breakfast was adequate and the lady working in the breakfast room made us feel welcome. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Spa. Not applicable.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Quality_Inn_WB_GM, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Hello! Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a great review of the Quality Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre!! I am pleased to read that you had a very good stay with us and would recommend our hotel to other travelers. From your profile, I can see that you travel often and contribute reviews frequently to TripAdvisor. A review like yours earns my attention and hopefully that of others too! Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon! - Mark

Reviewed March 14, 2013

excellent service,beds were really comfortable, any request was answered promptly,breakfast was a major surprise expecting just cereal and danish had hot foods daily. dinner at t g i fridays was excellent also. this motel is an excellent value for your money have stayed t more expensive places and not been nearly as pleased thanks for making my trip pleasent

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Quality_Inn_WB_GM, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Hello Janet - Thank you for your review of the Quality Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre! I am pleased to read that you were quite satisfied with your stay at our hotel. The Staff and Management of the hotel work very hard to make every guest feel comfortable and it's very reassuring to read that we did that for you. Please let me know when you are returning to Wilkes-Barre; I would like to personally assist you in making your reservations. Thank you again!! - Mark

Reviewed March 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed one night here and the room was big and clean. The bed was comfortable. The breakfast was alot better than other places I have stayed. They had biscuits, gravy, sausage, cereal, yogurt, as well as alot of other choices. It is conveniently located in a good shopping area and TGIFridays is right next to it. I would stay here again.

R Cox

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cox2812
Quality_Inn_WB_GM, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such very nice comments about your recent stay at the Quality Inn WIlkes-Barre! The Staff and Management here strive to ensure that every guest has an enjoyable stay. I'm pleased to read that you would stay again! Please feel free to contact me personally to make your upcoming reservations at the hotel.

Mark Desmarais

Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is an old, worn out motel that is in need of remodeling. Location was good and bed was comfortable. For half the price you can stay at Red Roof and have a room that is nearly as nice. I paid extra thinking I would have a better room, but this was not the case.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Quality_Inn_WB_GM, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Quality Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre. Indeed, the hotel is old. It has been in operation since 1964 and is quite possibly one of the most soundly built hotels in the entire valley. Having said that, the hotel has been updated with the latest conveniences such as 32" Flat Screen TV's with HD programming and business-class high speed Wi-Fi. Every room features Serta Perfect Sleeper mattresses, modern single-cup coffee makers and microwaves & refrigerators. We also serve a free hot breakfast buffet daily which offers such items as scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and biscuits & gravy. Though we strive to satisfy every guest, there are times when we fall short of guest expectations. We are only human. I would like the opportunity to have you as our guest once again. Please contact me directly at the hotel and I will personally assure that you have a great stay!! Thank you!!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed here while on family business. The hotel is right off of the main route in WB and there's lots of shopping and restaurants within just a few minutes drive. Don't be fooled by the price - it was a very clean, reasonably quiet hotel that also offers a full breakfast in the morning. I was very pleased.

Room Tip: If they are available, ask for a room facing the courtyard, as those rooms are on the opposite side...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Quality_Inn_WB_GM, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Hello Lisa - Thank you very much for writing such positive comments about your stay at the Quality Inn & Suites!! I will be sure to share them with the Staff and Management. We look forward to having you return as a guest of the hotel. Feel free to contact me personally to make your reservations. Sincerely, Mark Desmarais