“Customer service makes all the difference.”

Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Hobe Sound, Florida
“Customer service makes all the difference.”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

My husband and I travel alot now that we are retired. We stopped in Wilkes Barre to see the grandkids and stayed at the Quality Inn. The rooms were very nice and clean. Breakfast was really good, and having TGIFriday's right there on the property ws extremly convient. Best of all, I must say was the level of courtiesness and professionalism from front desk person Sirina. She was very polite and had a great attitude.All and all it was a great experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Quality_Inn_WB_GM, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a nice comment and to recognize Sarena!! We look forward to your next stay with us!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Montreal
Reviewed April 24, 2012

A little hard to get to but once there the staff make up for the rest (Serena was great with her big smile)
Beds were clean and comfortable.
Breakfast was delicious and plentiful.
Would stay there again although caroets and some things couls be updated

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quieter Restaurant was fun
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Quality_Inn_WB_GM, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
On behalf of Sarena and the entire Staff and Management of the Quality Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre, Thank You for your compliments and for allowing us to serve your lodging needs. We look forward to seeing you again!!
Gig Harbor, Washington
Reviewed April 4, 2012

I stayed ,for the second time, at this hotel on March 27, the day before an early morning flight form Avoca.
My room was clean..the internet connection was adequate. Is it the Ritz Carlton?? No, but it doesn't cost what a Ritz costs.
I felt it was a good value for the money and would stay again

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Quality_Inn_WB_GM, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you for staying at the Quality Inn Wilkes-Barre and for taking the time to write your comments. We look forward to your return when your travel plans bring you back to Wilkes-Barre.
Syracuse, New York, United States
Reviewed February 20, 2012

This is not a hotel, it is a motel. The pool and workout area are located across the parking lot in the Host Inn (which is very nice, in contrast). The breakfast offerings were standard fair, beds were comfortable (pillows were awful), internet connection free (slightly slow), but rooms, particularly bathrooms, were not clean. Service ranged from average to poor, and requests to have the bathrooms cleaned (removal of brown spots and hair) or additional towels provided (two towels were provided for a family of four) fell on deaf ears. I stay in many public lodging facilities each year, of various quality and price, and I would not return to this Motel, nor recommend it to friends for business or personal use.

Room Tip: Suites are defined as a standard room with one bed and a pull out couch, rather than two beds. Room...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for writing your review of your stay at our hotel. I realize it has been several months since your review was posted. I am sorry that this response comes so late. Your stay was seemingly a poor example of the type of stay we expect our guests to have. You have my sincere apologies for this.

Feel free to contact me personally, Beth, at 570-824-8901 and let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Regards,
Mark Desmarais

Travelers are raving about these Wilkes-Barre hotels

Fishkill, New York
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Some of the reviews about this hotel are confusing to me. We have stayed here at least 6 times and never experienced any of the issues other contributors have stated. There are two sides to every story, but , I sense there may be some other forces at play like: disgrunteled ex employees, compitition playing games and personal issues that medication can resolve.

The management and the staff here are amongst the friendliest I have encountered in my 30+ years of travelling, no matter what class of hotel. The few times we needed any assistance they have bent over backwards to accommodate. We always have a nice free breakfast here, in a spacious room, with an attendant who works very hard to keep it clean and stocked.

The rooms are always clean and neat. There is newer cartpet in all the rooms I have stayed in, the TV's all work, the water pressure and hot water is fine, and the beds are comfortable. The bathrooms are a tad small. So what. One day I was out on the second floor walkway on a nice sunny day and two of the hotel staff stopped to talk to me about the area and pointed out landmarks. We had a nice relaxed conversation. Dan the general manager has greeted me and his assistant has also. They are both very available during regular hours.

The property is an older one. I remember it being a Holiday Inn when I stayed here for business over 20 years ago. But older does not matter as long as it is well cared for. This Quality Inn, from everything I have seen, is well cared for and well run. We never have had anything taken out of my room, never run across mold or major comfort impediments, always have had ample towels, toiletries and soap when asked for, and, the heat and A/C have worked just fine.

This hotel will suit the needs of travelers and exceed them if called upon. Again, I have stayed here 6 times. I understand people have all different levels of expectations, but to bash this hotel is going too far. If you have issues, just communicate them reasonably. This staff will resolve them for you.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Bartendo
DanielR_880, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, January 30, 2012
The staff and management would like to extend their hearfelt gratitude to this reviewer for their very kind words of support. We work very hard to ensure the best stay for all guests and it is gratifying to know we have succeeded. You said it best..we "accomodate". No matter what the request is, just call the front desk and give us the opportunity to help make your stay more comfortable. If we have not met your expectations, please let me know. If I am not available, I will get back to you..I promise! Thank you again to the reviewer as we truly appreciate the opportunity to be of service.
Antigonish, Canada
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Hotel cleaning staff stole personal belongings from our room when we were not in. My jewelry and perfume were taken, and after multiple efforts I still have not received any sort of compensation for these valuable items that were stolen. Front-desk staff did not care about my situation at the time and management said they would try to help, but ended up doing nothing at all. Extremely unprofessional staff that you can not trust. I would NOT stay here again under any circumstance.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
DanielR_880, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, January 7, 2012
This complaint was made by a woman that was NOT a guest of our hotel. The room she claimed to be in was registered to a male that was a member of a sports team. No member or manager of the team submitted a complaint of a lost article. We advised Trip Advisor of this and they chose to “allow the review to remain on site”, thus highly calling into question the integrity of the Tripadvisor.com site. Hotels commonly disclaim responsibility for lost and found articles. It is the policy of this hotel to address all legitimate lost and found issues and resolve the matter to the best of our ability.
Midlothian, Virginia
Reviewed November 30, 2011

I only stayed here one night after finding a coupon in a Roomsaver booklet or similar type of advertisement. My first concern was that it had exterior doors which I did not know. Next we picked it strictly because it had an indoor pool. I even called ahead to confirm that it was open and operational. The woman who answered advised me that it would close at 9:00 PM and we werent going to arrive til 8:15 so we knew that we wouldnt have long to swim. Well, checkin was very slow and then come to find out the pool isnt even at the hotel but at the hotel next door for which we had to get a key made etc.. By the time our kids got to swim they would have only had 20 minutes tops. However it was so dark in the pool area that they were too scared to even swim. That is deceitful to say that they have a pool when in fact it is not on site. My reason for writing this review, however, is that my bathroom was filthy. The shower ceiling was covered in mold and the toilet had disgusting black mold all on the back. Please see the photos that I took. I did not discover this mes suntil late at night so I didn't bother to complain as I did not wish to switch rooms. I would definitely advise a different hotel unless yuo can get this one for $40 bucks or so. I paid $65.49 with tax.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
DanielR_880, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, December 10, 2011
We appreciate the reviewers comments. We would like you and all other reviewers to know that immediately after your stay, upon learning from you of the problem in the bathroom, it was fixed. With regard to “Pool Access” as stated in the roomsaver, we are happy to offer this complimentary amenity in contrast to the majority of economical hotels which do not. It is merely a 45 sec. walk for guests to enjoy the soothing waters of the well lit indoor pool and hot tub. We hope you also took advantage of the Fitness Room which is available 24hrs. Some other complimentary amenities you might have used were the deluxe hot breakfast with Fresh Belgian Waffles and Breakfast meats, Free Wi-Fi, Free Refrig and Microwave in your room, Free HBO, Free business center, free local calls, free shuttle to the casino, and free parking. And best of all, we have our own TGI Friday’s right at the hotel for your family to enjoy. You can take the leftovers back to the room, refrigerate them and heat them up later. Or give them to your pet, because we are a pet friendly hotel. It is a great deal for the family traveling on a budget. We hope you will come back and try us again someday.