My family has been going to the Woodlands for years and have not been there for a while. It appears the hotel has gotten a nice little face lift and has updated to a boutique hotel. The changes are very nice and the beds were cozy and comfy with upscale down pillows, down comforters and clean modern lines. The hallways do not look as though they've been updated, however. We stayed creekside.
The service was notably excellent. The staff were very friendly and accommodated our few requests courteously and quickly. One amazing thing was that we spent a lot of time in our room catching up on sleep the last day and had only gone out late in the afternoon to use the very large "hot tub" and L-shaped pools. I don't know if it was coincidence or not but the staff managed not to disturb our sleep and had miraculously cleaned our room while we happened to be out for that short amount of time.
The only major problem I have with the Woodlands is the very thin walls in the rooms, and while we were lucky not to have neighbors that were too noisy, we could hear a child in the next room coughing (to give an illustration of the issue). As I understand it, this hotel does a lot of business with school events and weddings, so I could see the potential for a noise issue.
Another thing to note is that the creekside room tends to get humid, so running the Air Conditioning does not seem to be optional.
I would have also liked it if the pools were cleaned more often.
At the price we paid we were also surprised that the breakfast was not included (weekends).
I looked around at other hotels in the area while we were in town and would still choose the Woodlands over the other options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the foothills of the Pocono Mountains with a peaceful stream winding through, The Woodlands Inn is the premiere destination in Northeastern Pennsylvania for your next vacation, event, or business function. Step through our doors and take in a deep breath of fresh air, thanks to our smoke-free policy. Look around and you'll find beautiful ballrooms for your celebrations and special events, meeting rooms for any sized corporate function, and Alexander's in the Woods, a full service day spa. Featuring 2 restaurants, 3 bars, and Evolution Nightclub, you'll find no shortage of entertainment options as well. Plus, as the closest full-service, off-site hotel to Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs Casino, we offer a complimentary shuttle for all our guests. With countless rooms and packages to choose from, you're sure to find exactly what you're looking for at The Woodlands Inn. We are a member of Ascend Hotel Collection by Choice Hotels International. The Woodlands is proud to combine our impeccable array of services and amenities with the benefits of the Choice Privileges rewards program, resulting in a truly memorable experience every time. We make every effort to ensure the complete satisfaction and enjoyment of all our guests, and as a dog-friendly hotel, that includes your best furry friends as well! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Woodlands Resort, An Ascend Collection Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodlands Inn ~ Ascend Collection By Choice Hotel Wilkes-Barre
- Woodlands Hotel Wilkes Barre
- Woodlands Resort Wilkes Barre
- Woodlands Inn Wilkes Barre
- Woodlands Inn Resort Wilkes Barre