“stayed for 4 months, AWESOME!!!”

The Woodlands Resort, An Ascend Collection Hotel
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Reviewed June 10, 2010

I had the experience of staying at "The Woods" for 4 months while on business. I can't imagine staying any where else! The staff is INCREDIBLE from housekeepers,security,front desk, resturaunt and bar staff, even the maintenace staff were very friendly and attentive. i recommend stream side rooms for a really nice stay away from action. the view is great, and the sound of the stream while going to sleep was nice. yes, i actually left my door open every nite for the fresh air, and never worried. i'm sure somebody got in trouble for giving me such a great room for such an extended stay, as you are usually in the tower, but i hope i can get the same room when i return in the fall! thank you for making what was a long stay, feel like home. miss you all.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank lisann1000

Reviewed June 8, 2010

The hotel is convenient to the interstate and very easy to find. Was pleasantly surprised with the onsite eateries and spa. The rooms were on the smaller side, though that's typical of boutique hotels. Club Havana was the place to be for the Flyers game~bartender and atmosphere were great. :) I will stay with them again when I'm back in town!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2010

My crew and I stayed at The Woodlands for an extended business stay and I can't stress enough how great the experience was. The staff treated us like royalty, but we felt like family. If there was ever anything that we needed, whether it be a conference room or a table at Tuesday night corporate karaoke, they were happy to help! After a long day of work it was nice to come back and have dinner and drinks without ever leaving the hotel- not to mention the countless nights we spent in the jacuzzi! I am on the road every week for business and the Woodlands was by far the best hotel experience that I have had. The Woodlands made my business trip feel more like a vacation than work!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank melissabrockett
Reviewed May 21, 2010

As a customer of the normal higher end chain hotels, I was a little uneasy about staying here. This was booked by my employer. The girls at the front desk were attentive and even funny during check in, and got me right to my room. The room was streamside and was awesome! Everything was up-to-date and the bedding was great. I felt right at home. The only negative is that I had to walk a long distance to get to the restaurants and the bar. The deck overlooking the waterfall is great! The food is great as well. We ate in the sushi/hibachi place, and although a large group was loud and foul-mouthed (some people even left because of them) we had a good time.

I will go out of my way to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 21, 2010

I wouldn't even stay there. I could not even get halfway thru booking a reservation. The receptionist taking my information was so rude and obnoxious. She acted like she didn't want to be doing her job.

Reviewed May 12, 2010

The rooms were cramped and outdated. The "resort and spa" is seriously over-rated. I had misfortune of staying here for a convention. The rooms are small. Closet was a recess in the with a curtain. The bathroom no no counterspace for my wife's "equipment". I would not recommend that anyone stay here. There are a myriad of hotels within two miles and they are much much closer to local eateries.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank chon
sammaya, Owner at The Woodlands Resort, An Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2010

Thank you for your review.

Although some of our rooms are small, i wouldn't classify them as "Outdated and Nasty". If you've stayed in "boutique" style hotels before they tend to be very small. I am more concerned about them being cleaned rather than large or small. As far as "Outdated" our lobby, bar and restaurant areas are all new.

Ross Kornfeld

Reviewed May 3, 2010

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at the Woodlands for the weekend. To say that the whole staff courteous, is an understatement. They went out of their way to make us feel both special and comfortable. My wife was able to take advantage of Alexandre's Spa for a few hours while I was shuttled back and forth to the casino, one mile away. When they say the will be there in 5 minutes, they are literal. She enjoyed her time at the Spa and I won a few bucks. That evening we went to the Japanese restaurant on the premises. Fantastic! It has both hibachi and sushi dining. The sushi was unbelievable and the folks eating hibachi were having a great time watching the chef perform. After dinner you can head to one of two bars/nightclubs. The beauty of this was that it had something for everyone. From drink specials (this particular night, $1.00 per drink from 9-11PM, any drink) to the DJ in one bar and then going from there down the stairs to the sounds of a great top 40's live band at the other bar. A great topper to a great weekend. All in all, my feeling is that no matter what you like, who you are, or where you live, this place has something for everyone. Families, couples, or groups. Try the Woodlands, you won't be disappointed!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank abalkin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilkes-Barre
Mohegan Sun Pocono
Hampton Inn Tunkhannock
Hampton Inn Tunkhannock
#1 of 4 in Tunkhannock
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Wilkes Barre

Been to The Woodlands Resort, An Ascend Collection Hotel? Share your experiences!