The woodlands is most definitely the place to be if you are LGBT.
Upon check in my wife and I were greeted by John with a friendly welcome to The Woodlands. Doug continued the check in process. We learned that there is an LGBT Club/Bar down the street called Twist.
We explored the hotel for a few minutes and hit Shogun which has delicious food. Then we visited the jacuzzi. Neithernshogun nor Creschenzos were disappointments.
Montage Mountain was only a 20 minute drive and was a spectacularly fun time. The warm jetted jacuzzi was a relief for the sore snow muscles.
When we went to Twist we met Estella Sweet and John Dawe. We instantly felt like we belonged there. Everyone made it a point to welcome us.
After we left Twist we went back to The Woodlands and once we got to our room there was a gift basket with pride flags and balloons. Kudos to John Dawe for everything. Out stay was simply amazing. We didnt stop smiling for a single second the entire time we were there.
We will most certainly be back and most certainly recommend The Woodlands and Twist to everyone and to the LGBT community.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the foothills of the Pocono Mountains with a peaceful stream winding through, The Woodlands Inn is the premiere destination in Northeastern Pennsylvania for your next vacation, event, or business function. Step through our doors and take in a deep breath of fresh air, thanks to our smoke-free policy. Look around and you'll find beautiful ballrooms for your celebrations and special events, meeting rooms for any sized corporate function, and Alexander's in the Woods, a full service day spa. Featuring 2 restaurants, 3 bars, and Evolution Nightclub, you'll find no shortage of entertainment options as well. Plus, as the closest full-service, off-site hotel to Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs Casino, we offer a complimentary shuttle for all our guests. With countless rooms and packages to choose from, you're sure to find exactly what you're looking for at The Woodlands Inn. We are a member of Ascend Hotel Collection by Choice Hotels International. The Woodlands is proud to combine our impeccable array of services and amenities with the benefits of the Choice Privileges rewards program, resulting in a truly memorable experience every time. We make every effort to ensure the complete satisfaction and enjoyment of all our guests, and as a dog-friendly hotel, that includes your best furry friends as well! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Orbitz so you can book your The Woodlands Resort, An Ascend Collection Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodlands Inn ~ Ascend Collection By Choice Hotel Wilkes-Barre
- Woodlands Hotel Wilkes Barre
- Woodlands Resort Wilkes Barre
- Woodlands Inn Wilkes Barre
- Woodlands Inn Resort Wilkes Barre