“Came for a party, stayed for the snowstorm” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Woodlands Inn

Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Carlisle, PA
“Came for a party, stayed for the snowstorm”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

We ended up staying here because of a party being held on the property. Good thing too, because the weather was AWFUL..snowy, blowy and cold. We lucked into a parking space right out front (hooRAY) The front desk staff was efficient and very nice. I really liked this place. It's kind of old but updated. (LOVE the woodwork, marble and leaded glass around the front desk area!)

Our room was located in The Tower (7th floor on the elevator, but the room number started with 4) The room was small, but very clean and modern. Not any counter space to speak of in the bathroom, but that's not a big deal as the VERY comfortable bed and down comforter more than made up for it. The in room Keurig is a nice touch.

The only thing I wasn't fond of was the elevator noise in the room, and hearing all the hallway conversations from the folks coming & going from the elevator, but again, it wasn't a major issue.

I LOVED the lounge/restaurant area overlooking the creek & woods. `The party was 'down below' and the glass wall afforded us a fabulous view of the great, cold outdoors. The staff was exceptional too. Both for the party and when we had lunch earlier in the day.

We'll stay here again for sure.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Amesk
sammaya, Owner at The Woodlands Inn, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
We would like to thank you for taking the time in completing your on-line review. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Have a wonderful New Year.

570-824-983

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Rooms are small. The breakfast at hotel is expensive. We needed to upgrade our room so we weren't near the nightclub. The view was awesome.

Room was clean as was hotel. Staff was friendly!
Nice place... Many things to do.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to complete your online review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Have a wonderful new year.

If we can be of assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us at 570-824-9831.

Altoona, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

I have stayed at the Woodlands many times over the past 5 years. Each year this Hotel seems to get better. The rooms are all up to date. The public areas are great. Fun bars. Delicious food. Hotel is about a 2 min ride from the Casino and great shopping. Free breakfast offered weekly.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a streamside room! Quiet, relaxing and a great view!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank candypam
sammaya, Owner at The Woodlands Inn, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete your online review. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay. Have a wonderful New Year.

Mount Joy ,PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

I got to say the staff was awesome ! The night was great ! I loved there pizza ! I was on the stream side & it was so peaceful to hear the water ! I love the room & it was very clean ! What I really liked about the bath room was the mirror lights ! I loved my stay & will defiantly come back ! My only regret was that I wish I didn't meet my date . She & her friends took advantage of me to just buy them drinks all night !

Room Tip: You want to ask for stream side it isn't as noisy from the people walking out of the club !
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon! Have a happy New Year.

Vestal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

We very much enjoyed our stay at this Inn. The staff was incredibly kind and at our service for anything we needed. We're coming back for the entire weekend this weekend. We really enjoyed the hot tub and the pool. The only issue we had was finding a place to park. Other than that it was fantastic. Thanks to all the staff for their hospitality. Sincerely, Valerie Bradford-Harrison

Room Tip: The stream side was absolutely beautiful. We loved sitting on the balcony listening to the sound of...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

1 Thank Valeriejharr41
sammaya, Owner at The Woodlands Inn, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete an online review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Wyomissing, Pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

My wife and I stay here for our anniversary. The Presidential suite was beautiful. One nice thing was the shuttle service to the casino. The food was excellent and everyone was very accommodating. Will definitely stay here again

• Stayed November 2012

New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

I spent this recent weekend (thanksgiving weekend) with my wife in the Poconos. I was very hesitant to book this trip due to my unpleasant experience in the Poconos in the past and due to the fact that the Hotel at the Mohegan Sun Casino was not Open. (To further explain, about 2 years ago my wife and I booked a weekend at a resort in the Poconos, at one of those "heart shaped Jacuzzi" places. It was a huge mistake and from the minute i got there, could not wait to leave.) The Experience at the Woodlands Inn was the Complete OPPOSITE.

The woodlands inn and Spa is a GREAT place for many different reasons. It is conveniently immediately off of the Highway. Let me tell you a little bit about my experience. As I Mentioned, I had very low expectations and from the moment I got to the Woodlands on Thanksgiving night, the Staff was very welcoming and friendly. We were given a choice of room locations based on our needs and wants. (Ground level, steps up, near restaurants etc.)

The room was perfect. It was a perfect size standard room that was VERY clean and very well maintained. All high end bedding and bathroom linens and bath amenities. The rooms we requested was non smoking and you can tell that it was. There was a large flat screen HD Television with In Room movie options.

The Amenities at the hotel were also very surprising and excellent. There are 3 bars, 2 clubs, 2 or 3 restaurants and everything I tried was excellent. They have wood fired pizza that they serve till LATE. They have an indoor and outdoor pool as well as a 30,000 GALLON JACUZZI. It was absolutely a perfect place. The pool has bar service, all you have to do is call it in from the pool and they deliver right to you in the pool area or Jacuzzi.

My wife had spa treatments and was very pleased with the service and the quality of the place. They were very clean, professional and accommodating. Pricing at the spa is VERY resonable.

The Hotel is about a mile to the entrance of the Mohegan Sun Casino at Pocono Downs. In the spring and summer they have Live Horse Racing. The Hotel offers a FREE on DEMAND shuttle service that takes you to and from the Casino. The wait is less than 5 minutes. It is very well organized and a Great service. The Casino is small but very nice; there are many restaurants there as well. The Hotel was SO Convenient and modestly priced, that once the Hotel opens in the Casino, I will be STAYING at the Woodlands.

If my Positive Review is not enough to tell you how much I enjoyed Woodlands, think about this as a degree of appreciation for Woodlands… On the ride home from the woodlands my wife and I called our friends and decided to book a return weekend in January.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to fill out an online review with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.