We ended up staying here because of a party being held on the property. Good thing too, because the weather was AWFUL..snowy, blowy and cold. We lucked into a parking space right out front (hooRAY) The front desk staff was efficient and very nice. I really liked this place. It's kind of old but updated. (LOVE the woodwork, marble and leaded glass around the front desk area!)
Our room was located in The Tower (7th floor on the elevator, but the room number started with 4) The room was small, but very clean and modern. Not any counter space to speak of in the bathroom, but that's not a big deal as the VERY comfortable bed and down comforter more than made up for it. The in room Keurig is a nice touch.
The only thing I wasn't fond of was the elevator noise in the room, and hearing all the hallway conversations from the folks coming & going from the elevator, but again, it wasn't a major issue.
I LOVED the lounge/restaurant area overlooking the creek & woods. `The party was 'down below' and the glass wall afforded us a fabulous view of the great, cold outdoors. The staff was exceptional too. Both for the party and when we had lunch earlier in the day.
We'll stay here again for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the foothills of the Pocono Mountains with a peaceful stream winding through, The Woodlands Inn is the premiere destination in Northeastern Pennsylvania for your next vacation, event, or business function. Step through our doors and take in a deep breath of fresh air, thanks to our smoke-free policy. Look around and you'll find beautiful ballrooms for your celebrations and special events, meeting rooms for any sized corporate function, and Alexander's in the Woods, a full service day spa. Featuring 2 restaurants, 3 bars, and Evolution Nightclub, you'll find no shortage of entertainment options as well. Plus, as the closest full-service, off-site hotel to Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs Casino, we offer a complimentary shuttle for all our guests. With countless rooms and packages to choose from, you're sure to find exactly what you're looking for at The Woodlands Inn. We are a member of Ascend Hotel Collection by Choice Hotels International. The Woodlands is proud to combine our impeccable array of services and amenities with the benefits of the Choice Privileges rewards program, resulting in a truly memorable experience every time. We make every effort to ensure the complete satisfaction and enjoyment of all our guests, and as a dog-friendly hotel, that includes your best furry friends as well! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Expedia, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Woodlands Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodlands Inn ~ Ascend Collection By Choice Hotel Wilkes-Barre
- Woodlands Hotel Wilkes Barre
- Woodlands Resort Wilkes Barre
- Woodlands Inn Wilkes Barre
- Woodlands Inn Resort Wilkes Barre