“Spectacular Hotel”

The Woodlands Resort, An Ascend Collection Hotel
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I have stayed at the Woodlands many times over the past 5 years. Each year this Hotel seems to get better. The rooms are all up to date. The public areas are great. Fun bars. Delicious food. Hotel is about a 2 min ride from the Casino and great shopping. Free breakfast offered weekly.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a streamside room! Quiet, relaxing and a great view!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank candypam
sammaya, Owner at The Woodlands Resort, An Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete your online review. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay. Have a wonderful New Year.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I got to say the staff was awesome ! The night was great ! I loved there pizza ! I was on the stream side & it was so peaceful to hear the water ! I love the room & it was very clean ! What I really liked about the bath room was the mirror lights ! I loved my stay & will defiantly come back ! My only regret was that I wish I didn't meet my date . She & her friends took advantage of me to just buy them drinks all night !

Room Tip: You want to ask for stream side it isn't as noisy from the people walking out of the club !
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to complete your online review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon! Have a happy New Year.

If we can be of assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us at 570-824-9831.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

We very much enjoyed our stay at this Inn. The staff was incredibly kind and at our service for anything we needed. We're coming back for the entire weekend this weekend. We really enjoyed the hot tub and the pool. The only issue we had was finding a place to park. Other than that it was fantastic. Thanks to all the staff for their hospitality. Sincerely, Valerie Bradford-Harrison

Room Tip: The stream side was absolutely beautiful. We loved sitting on the balcony listening to the sound of...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
1  Thank Valeriejharr41
sammaya, Owner at The Woodlands Resort, An Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to complete an online review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

My wife and I stay here for our anniversary. The Presidential suite was beautiful. One nice thing was the shuttle service to the casino. The food was excellent and everyone was very accommodating. Will definitely stay here again

• Stayed: November 2012

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I spent this recent weekend (thanksgiving weekend) with my wife in the Poconos. I was very hesitant to book this trip due to my unpleasant experience in the Poconos in the past and due to the fact that the Hotel at the Mohegan Sun Casino was not Open. (To further explain, about 2 years ago my wife and I booked a weekend at a resort in the Poconos, at one of those "heart shaped Jacuzzi" places. It was a huge mistake and from the minute i got there, could not wait to leave.) The Experience at the Woodlands Inn was the Complete OPPOSITE.

The woodlands inn and Spa is a GREAT place for many different reasons. It is conveniently immediately off of the Highway. Let me tell you a little bit about my experience. As I Mentioned, I had very low expectations and from the moment I got to the Woodlands on Thanksgiving night, the Staff was very welcoming and friendly. We were given a choice of room locations based on our needs and wants. (Ground level, steps up, near restaurants etc.)

The room was perfect. It was a perfect size standard room that was VERY clean and very well maintained. All high end bedding and bathroom linens and bath amenities. The rooms we requested was non smoking and you can tell that it was. There was a large flat screen HD Television with In Room movie options.

The Amenities at the hotel were also very surprising and excellent. There are 3 bars, 2 clubs, 2 or 3 restaurants and everything I tried was excellent. They have wood fired pizza that they serve till LATE. They have an indoor and outdoor pool as well as a 30,000 GALLON JACUZZI. It was absolutely a perfect place. The pool has bar service, all you have to do is call it in from the pool and they deliver right to you in the pool area or Jacuzzi.

My wife had spa treatments and was very pleased with the service and the quality of the place. They were very clean, professional and accommodating. Pricing at the spa is VERY resonable.

The Hotel is about a mile to the entrance of the Mohegan Sun Casino at Pocono Downs. In the spring and summer they have Live Horse Racing. The Hotel offers a FREE on DEMAND shuttle service that takes you to and from the Casino. The wait is less than 5 minutes. It is very well organized and a Great service. The Casino is small but very nice; there are many restaurants there as well. The Hotel was SO Convenient and modestly priced, that once the Hotel opens in the Casino, I will be STAYING at the Woodlands.

If my Positive Review is not enough to tell you how much I enjoyed Woodlands, think about this as a degree of appreciation for Woodlands… On the ride home from the woodlands my wife and I called our friends and decided to book a return weekend in January.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SUPERMARIO-NY

Thank you for taking the time to fill out an online review with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We just stayed at the Woodlands Inn for two nights for a wedding rehearsal and wedding. The accommodations were very nice. The rooms were clean and had indoor and outdoor access (to a shared balcony along the back side of the resort). We stayed in two different rooms and each were comparable with all of the others I visited.

The staff at the front desk was exceptionally helpful. After moving rooms for the second night I realized I'd left a few things in the first room. They didn't bat an eye to let me have another key to collect my things at my leisure. The gentleman who helped me at the front desk joked around with me for the rest of the weekend because of it.

While there, we did visit the pool and (gigantic) hot tub as well as use the fitness facility. While the fitness center was not large, it was well equipped with anything you would need during a weekend away. The staff here were also very helpful.

The food was good but not spectacular for the prices. A nice feature was that they gave us coupons for their various restaurants so when we ordered pizzas (at 1 am) we were able to save 10-15%. The best food I had was actually at a small place called Parson's Family Restaurant which is 1/2 a mile up the road (I ate there for breakfast both days - under $6 rather than eating the Woodlands' Buffet).

One of the best things about the place is the location. It is almost immediately off of Rt 81 (a main thoroughfare I used when traveling there from Harrisburg). I also noticed a few shuttles to the Casino for those who'd like that service.

Hope this is helpful!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
sammaya, Owner at The Woodlands Resort, An Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to fill out an online review regarding your recent stay. I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed at the Woodlands Inn in November 2012. We attended a wedding reception at the Woodlands Inn. The banquet room was very nice and was a great place for a wedding reception. After the reception, we stayed overnight at the Woodlands Inn because we are from out of town. The room was very clean and gave us plenty of room for a one night stay. The staff at the hotel was very welcoming and helpful. The only down falls I could find with the hotel was the pillows (very flat) and the lack of a complimentary breakfast in the morning. For the price of our room (about $150), I expect a breakfast be provided in the morning and it was not. The other problem with the pillows could easily be fixed by bringing your own pillow with you. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is willing to pay a little more for a nice clean hotel/room.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
sammaya, Owner at The Woodlands Resort, An Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday.

570-824-9831

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilkes-Barre
Mohegan Sun Pocono
#4 of 21 in Wilkes-Barre
Hampton Inn Tunkhannock
Hampton Inn Tunkhannock
#1 of 4 in Tunkhannock

Been to The Woodlands Resort, An Ascend Collection Hotel? Share your experiences!