Recently stayed at the Woodlands Inn for my daughter's 21st birthday. We purchased the casino stay and play package which included the free shuttle to the Mogehan Sun Casino (which ran on-demand, very nice as you do not have to wait for an allotted time). Do not judge this hotel by the outside-the inside is new and up to date. The room (2 double beds) was spacious, clean, and extremely comfortable. Service was excellent from the front desk to the restaurant staff. The included buffet breakfast was your average buffet. They were charging around $10 per person which is all it was really worth but since it was included with our package we decided to enjoy our coffee and breakfast there. We did have a room away from the nightclub area otherwise it may have been a bit noisy on a Saturday night. If you prefer quiet, make sure to ask to be placed away from that area.
The only small problem we ran into was later in the evening (around 1000) we were having a snack in the hotel's restaurant and my daughter's 20 year old friend wanted to join us. Since there is a night club on the premises they would not allow her friend to enter the restaurant. Only 21 and over were permitted. After then asking that our food be made to take back to our room did our waitress get the head security person and he allowed her friend to join us. I was told as the "mother" I was responsible to ensure that this friend did not drink alcohol. Although I agree that anyone entering the nightclub should prove their age, I do not agree that the restaurant should follow the same rules. Because of this, if i had younger children, this hotel would not be a good choice for me.
Overall, we had a great stay and would return in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the foothills of the Pocono Mountains with a peaceful stream winding through, The Woodlands Inn is the premiere destination in Northeastern Pennsylvania for your next vacation, event, or business function. Step through our doors and take in a deep breath of fresh air, thanks to our smoke-free policy. Look around and you'll find beautiful ballrooms for your celebrations and special events, meeting rooms for any sized corporate function, and Alexander's in the Woods, a full service day spa. Featuring 2 restaurants, 3 bars, and Evolution Nightclub, you'll find no shortage of entertainment options as well. Plus, as the closest full-service, off-site hotel to Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs Casino, we offer a complimentary shuttle for all our guests. With countless rooms and packages to choose from, you're sure to find exactly what you're looking for at The Woodlands Inn. We are a member of Ascend Hotel Collection by Choice Hotels International. The Woodlands is proud to combine our impeccable array of services and amenities with the benefits of the Choice Privileges rewards program, resulting in a truly memorable experience every time. We make every effort to ensure the complete satisfaction and enjoyment of all our guests, and as a dog-friendly hotel, that includes your best furry friends as well! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your The Woodlands Resort, An Ascend Collection Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodlands Inn ~ Ascend Collection By Choice Hotel Wilkes-Barre
- Woodlands Hotel Wilkes Barre
- Woodlands Resort Wilkes Barre
- Woodlands Inn Resort Wilkes Barre
- Woodlands Inn Wilkes Barre