Let me start out by saying that I am hardly a newbie to travel and have seen my share of resorts and hotels. I am an avid researcher and after reading these reviews really had no intention of staying here. We stopped as a fluke because it was on the way to the hotel we had planned to stay at. I had looked at the website and the hotel seemed to have so much to offer it was nagging me in the back of my mind to go see for myself...so we did. Now let's be honest this is the Poconos PA not a 5 star resort community in a high end vacation spot. However...the hubby and I were looking for a quick Saturday night getaway with some good food, good jacuzzi, a little drunk music fun. This hotel had it all.
The front desk was very accomodating....suggested we stay in the tower (we were on the 7th floor) so we could avoid noise from the pool area and restaurant/club on the main level. The room was not huge...but newly renovated...spotless...great linens..modern bathroom..and nice flatscreen TV. It was a standard queen which for our needs worked...again not huge but big enough for comfort and I will take newly renovated and clean over big any day.
This was crowded with a nice mix of people.....again we were not looking for a quiet B&B. We were working for a place to have a little fun without have to trek all over the Pocono area to do it. The swimming pool and jacuzzi are HUGE and well maintained! We had dinner at the onsite and had some of the best sushi I have ever eaten. Live in NYC I have eaten in some pretty nice sushi houses and my meal here could compete. The restaurant was modern...the view of the stream was fantastic and romantic and the server was attentive. The singer lounge was certainly a "lounge singer" but he was so endearing it added to the ambience.
There are 4-5 bar areas...all with great views and varying amounts of crowds depending on your mood. There was a FANTASTIC band playing in one of the lower lever bars that we listend to for a bit after dinner. We then headed to the nearby Mohegan sun casino...again small and just slots but it is a mile form the hotel and a REALLY FUN way to spend a few hours. We then headed back to the hotel to the club. Was it crowded YES..was the security rude...ABSOLUTELY NOT...was it a mixed crowd...YES. Is it good cheezy fun for awhile YES!! I mean it is a club...it is supposed to be crowded if it is any good. We then headed to another area that was a martini bar/lounge with another DJ. Again fantastic..great drinks, great couches..GREAT DJ. I was spinning for house music that again as an old NYC club girl I could really appreciate how good he was. No cheezy music here..just some really good lounge music.
We then returned to our room...and saw evidence of any crazy loud nonsense going on our floor. We had a great nights stay...had a blast just jumping from event to event. It was so nice to have all this IN YOUR HOTEL!! We got all dressed up and really enjoyed how much energy the place had. I can not say enough about it...and all this for $139!! (we won some $$$ on the slots so our dinner and drink activities were "free").
We plan on coming back VERY SOON!! This was just to easy...and toooo much fun. Maybe we got lucky..I don't know...all I can tell you is how the experience was. Maybe after reading someone else with give it a shot too and have as good an experience.
So to sum up if you are looking for a super secluded, quiet B&B in the woods is this for you...NO. If you are looking for any of the above things I mentioned then head here...SOON!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the foothills of the Pocono Mountains with a peaceful stream winding through, The Woodlands Inn is the premiere destination in Northeastern Pennsylvania for your next vacation, event, or business function. Step through our doors and take in a deep breath of fresh air, thanks to our smoke-free policy. Look around and you'll find beautiful ballrooms for your celebrations and special events, meeting rooms for any sized corporate function, and Alexander's in the Woods, a full service day spa. Featuring 2 restaurants, 3 bars, and Evolution Nightclub, you'll find no shortage of entertainment options as well. Plus, as the closest full-service, off-site hotel to Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs Casino, we offer a complimentary shuttle for all our guests. With countless rooms and packages to choose from, you're sure to find exactly what you're looking for at The Woodlands Inn. We are a member of Ascend Hotel Collection by Choice Hotels International. The Woodlands is proud to combine our impeccable array of services and amenities with the benefits of the Choice Privileges rewards program, resulting in a truly memorable experience every time. We make every effort to ensure the complete satisfaction and enjoyment of all our guests, and as a dog-friendly hotel, that includes your best furry friends as well! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Woodlands Resort, An Ascend Collection Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodlands Inn ~ Ascend Collection By Choice Hotel Wilkes-Barre
- Woodlands Hotel Wilkes Barre
- Woodlands Resort Wilkes Barre
- Woodlands Inn Wilkes Barre
- Woodlands Inn Resort Wilkes Barre