“Very Pleasant Stay”

Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Nesconset, New York
“Very Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Just got back from staying at the Woodlands for 2 nights while visiting family in the area. The experience was an extremely pleasant one. The staff was extremely helpful and courteous. The room was very clean; fresh white linens on the bed, spotless bathroom, fresh smelling when you walk in the room, no musty smell or other odors. With the price of the room came a free hot breakfast buffet each morning. It had everything from cereal and yogurt to made to order omelettes, even had do it yourself waffle irons to make your own waffles with various toppings. The hotel has one indoor, one outdoor pool which the kids enjoyed. A few onsite restaurants, the decor is tasteful. Free WiFi. The only suggestion I have for the hotel is to make it a little more handicapped accessible. There were a lot of stairs to get to and from the breakfast buffet and a little difficult for one of my family members to use. Otherwise everything was great, would definitely stay there again and I want to thank the Woodlands staff for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: The rooms in the 100's wing were flooded a few years back, they are newly renovated.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
Old Lyme, Connecticut
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I spent 3 nights at the Woodlands last week, as part of a large group (50 + rooms). Because I was the contact person for the group, Melinda was great to give me an upgrade to a sweet Streamside suite! Streamside rooms all have balconies, which is great, especially if you are there for several days, as I was. The rooms are very clean, and beds are super comfortable!

Just down the road from Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs, this was an ideal location for all of our crew. The free shuttle to Mohegan Sun is a great amenity, especially since we had some late nights. An added bonus is the great nightlife scene at the Woodlands itself. The weather was great, and we spent some afternoons/ evenings out on the deck at Havana. The food and drinks were great, and although we were working all week, we all had a blast!

My first visit to the Woodlands was fantastic as well - Evolution nightclub is ALWAYS a good time (I don't even dance).

The fact is, my job will definitely bring me back to the Woodlands, but I definitely look forward to it. Thanks for the great week, and comfortable accommodations!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank thesleepypeanut
Greentown
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I live locally but had 10 family members from out of town come for a visit. We were celebrating my mothers 80th Birthday. Having a few special requirments with a large group, we were concerned!!
The staff could not have been more helpful!! Anything we needed or wanted was taken care of immediately. They could not have been better!! Making that many people happy is not an easy task and they went above and beyond.
I have been to many hotels/resorts, and to have nothing bad to say, is amazing!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Horsham
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I am very loyal to a major hotel chain, but when my husband and I decided to visit Pocono Downs for an overnight getaway The Woodlands Inn kept showing up on my radar. After checking the place out and reading reviews, I realized how affordable and convenient the resort would be. We booked a room with no special package, and the rate was cheaper than what I had already booked at my other chain. I cancelled my other reservation - and boy am I glad I did. We arrived a bit earlier than check in and our room was not ready, but they allowed me to check in and they said that they would call us when the room was ready for us. We headed to the Havana bar and enjoyed a few drinks outside. It was a great atmosphere and exactly what we were looking for. About 30 minutes later we got a call that our room was ready. We found our room to be spotless and very appealing! We were on the courtyard, so we had a sliding door to a small sitting area with some chairs. We took advantage of the free casino shuttle - which was so convenient! Free breakfast in the morning was a perfect end to our stay. As all the other reviews say... THE STAFF WAS AMAZING! Very friendly and engaging. From the front desk, bartender, shuttle driver and breakfast staff - everyone was wonderful. STAY HERE! It is a perfect and affordable getaway!

Berlin, nj
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We sometimes stay at the woodlands on our way up to our mountain home . The rooms are clean and very nice. We love the outside tiki bar by the water. You get a voucher for a cocktail and breakfast. The only thing we would suggest is to extend the breakfast hours. They finish at 9 : 30 am it should be until 11:00 am and the drink vouchers should be $ 5 per person .

Room Tip: Choose a tower room they are more quiet or a stream side room is very nice.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
sammaya, Owner at The Woodlands Resort, An Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete your on-line review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

If we can be of assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us at 570-824-9831.

Collegeville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 10, 2012

August7,2012 TonyG Collegeville,Pa. Great staff from the receptionist NICOLE to the manager Rick Kornfeld,they couldn't of been more helpful in addressing all of my needs,the food, drink ,cleanliness of rooms pools just the entire staff. Great people lots of fun,will always stay there when I"m in Wilkes-Barre.They go out of their way to please their guests.Thank you again for all that you done,to make my stay awesome!

Room Tip: Book now,they treat you like family.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
sammaya, Owner at The Woodlands Resort, An Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to fill out an online review with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Kind Regards,

USA
Reviewed August 7, 2012

In truth you will get sucked in by the web site:) Pictures do lie and when you arrive you may be if for a little shock - The place is rustic, (rusty?:) and weather worn, on a major highway and it's hard to find check in - Now the good news - The staff is amazing and very helpful. Learn the layout because you can find anything you might need. Food, Bars, Club, Indoor outdoor pools and jacuzzi - Spa - The prices are very fair and did I mention that the staff is excellent? Our room was very clean and the beds were excellent and the bathroom was spotless. Okay so it is not the Four Seasons but I don't remember the last time I got such an excellent value for the money. Whoever manages this place is on the right track and I highly suggest The Woodlands as a cool place to stay -

Room Tip: Try for the Stream-side in my opinion but either way you can't go wrong
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
sammaya, Manager at The Woodlands Resort, An Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Kind Regards,