“run dont walk--soon,you wont be able to get in..”
Review of Griddle 145

Griddle 145
Ranked #4 of 96 Restaurants in Whitehall
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 28, 2013

took my parents for brunch on a lazy saturday and this place was IT!!
this place is a gem on a street thats not so great.
cute atmosphere inside, menu is great and the food was fantastic.
service was excellent and we just cant wait to go back for another brunch soon hopefully to try the nutella french toast?

our eggs benedicts and omelettes were AMAZING!!

this place is fairly new and everybody really needs to give it a chance. but our visit was really great- it is just perfect for a quick lunch, or lazy brunch like we did.
tell your friends and get there, you wont be sorry!!

2  Thank pamela m

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We went to Griddle 145 on a Sunday morning at 11:30. The place is newly remodeled and very neat and clean. The server we had was extremely friendly and helpful. The food however was disappointing. My wife is a "pancake freak" and that's what she ordered. Unfortunately when the pancakes arrived they were cold and without a doubt made from a box mix. They had the characteristic taste and smell of a box mix. While my eggs were just ok-lukewarm at best- the bacon was very good and the accompanying potatoes were also very good.
On arrival home I decided to look up some reviews on Griddle 145 and found mixed results on the food. What I found that disappointed me was that on Sunday mornings they offer a complimentary Mimosa cocktail. I had noticed that the people at the next table, who came in after us, received a Mimosa. My point is, we were never offered one by our waiter.
All in all, Griddle 145 just doesn't match up to out favorite diner.

2  Thank pafoodie18104
Reviewed March 12, 2013

This rating is really two ratings rolled into one - it is a 5 STAR review and a 1 STAR review - becuase I have gone two times and had two extremely different experiences from a food qualtiy standpoint.

First Visit - 5 STAR - I ordered the Cuban Sandwitch and it was excellent. The side of mac and cheese was a clear 10 out of 10 - the kind of creamy quality you just don't find anywhere. My wifes sandwitch was not as good as the Cuban but her french fries were also top shelf - none made it home to the dogs this time - and we usually don't bother to eat fries. We came away very impressed.

Second Visit - 1 STAR - TOMATO FLORENTINE BENEDICT came without sauce and was below average. Even the home fried potatoes were in short supply. The parkland diner has good eggs benedict for nearly half the price so to order a $10 eggs benedict and not get hollandaise sauce and be shorted on home fries is just plain stupid. My first reactoin was "the cook is low on ingredients so he is cutting back on each dish". My second reaction was " I suppose this is some new way of making eggs benedict" - "hold the holandaise sauce to emphasis the other flavors". So the Tomatoe Florentine Benedict was well below average diner quality even though it was twice the price.

I have not had the pancakes yet but understand the red velvet pancakes "have a strong following".

Grille 145 is filling a niche of "higher end higher priced" breakfast food - much like Cracker Barrel only with a "Triple DDD" flair. If they hope to meet their objectives they better focus on consistency of product.

Service will hopefully get better - the staff kept huddling in the back in groups of 3-5 servers while the work to be done was out front. This is a common mistake of wait staff - they huddle/socialize rather than work with the customers. You show me a staff that is socializing and I will show you unserved customers.

4  Thank Skip S
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My wife, daughter and I have been frequenting Griddle 145 at least twice a week since it opened. Since most good breakfast places in the valley stop serving breakfast after 11, the opening of Griddle was like a breath of fresh air. Notice I said 'good.' There are a lot of chain breakfast places that serve breakfast after 11, but none of them match up with the quality you get at Griddle. Griddle obviously takes pride in the food it offers to its customers and that comes across in both the variety and presentation.

My wife loves the pancakes and particularly loves the Pumpkin Pancakes when they are on the menu.

I'm a huge fan of all of the omelet options, particular the Mama's omelet. Make sure to check out what their weekly omelet special is on the board - they are always unique and amazing.

Besides the food, the service is exceptional. The wait staff are very friendly and willing to accommodate any special requests or needs. For example, my daughter (only 2) will simply not eat anything but bananas and strawberries for breakfast. The fruit cup on the menu has many different types of fruits our daughter simply will not eat. So they are kind enough to simply give us a fruit cup with the food she enjoys.

They just recently started serving dinner - we have not been able to partake yet, but hope to soon!

2  Thank cpirrotta
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Great place for breakfast or lunch. One of our favorites spots to go for a weekend breakfast. They have specials and a good selection on the menu. Pancakes are great...especially the red velvet. The décor is very nice and the place has a nice atmosphere for socializing. Give it a try if you're in the area. They also make good cupcakes with some different flavors.