“Always make time for City View”

New City View Diner
Ranked #31 of 94 Restaurants in Whitehall
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Greater Cincinnati
“Always make time for City View”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We make sure to visit City View every time we're in the area. Many years ago, I took friends from England there and they could hardly believe the value - was exactly the iconic diner from movies that they wanted to see and visit. The food is good. Typical diner stuff. Breakfast (especially late at night) is the best option, in my opinion. My last visit was during the Thanksgiving holiday time frame. We came for breakfast - 6 of us - in the morning. It's a bustling sort of atmosphere. Just like a diner should be. It's got that Northeast sort of feel - rushed but homey and friendly - no lingering and chatting like in the south, where I live now. For me, that northeast feel is very homey. I love sitting along the windows that look south down the hill toward Allentown. If you are looking for the best meal you've ever tasted, you probably won't find it here. But if you want a diner that looks and feels like a diner and serves diner food, you've found it!

• Visited November 2012

Allentown, Pa
“No the best”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Typical diner food...just not that good...not very memorable...unpleasant waitress...too many other better choices around.

Visited May 2013
Whitehall, Pennsylvania
“Repeat Customer!”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We like the breakfast menu and usually order the mediterranean
omelet. The Diner is always busy with customers, and the food
is always fresh.

Visited April 2013
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Good Diner With Good Service”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This is an upscale diner where they even give out free wine. They were good at accommodating special orders. They have great seafood from the grill. The service was good and the food was great. They are known to many people in the area. The menu was extensive and reasonable. Their pasta is fantastic. A good place to eat I only suggest that they had a website and posted their menu.

• Visited April 2013
Kempton, Pennsylvania, United States
“City diner, country breakfast”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I may be a city girl, but I love, love LOVE creamed chipped beef on toast. As any country folk can attest to, a great "S.O.S" is really hard to come by in a restaurant. City View Diner is the ONLY place for this dish, hands down!!!! Perfectly seasoned, always fresh and way better than anything I could ever make on my own. If you love this regional dish as much as I do, don't waste your time with the watered down versions served at the more "country" diners in the area...head straight to City View!!!!!!

• Visited October 2012