“Much Better than Expected”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #5 of 94 Restaurants in Whitehall
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner
“Much Better than Expected”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Ate here last night. Got there early--5:30. Unlike other nearby places (Red Lobster, etc), there was no wait. Tables were open the whole time we were there. Nice décor---modern Western. Prices are pretty good for a steak place. 15.00 for one of a selection of 8oz sirloin dinners. Bread is good--some kind of honey wheat loaf thing. Baked potato was perfect (for me)--dry and semi-crispy outside and tender inside. I eat the skin, and you'd pay for that skin alone at Friday's. Steak was a decent cut. Not the best I've had, but good. It is cooked very consistently and right on the chart they show you. I would have preferred a more basic steak without all the topping choices, and imagine I could have asked for it. One of the owners of the place came over and talked to us during dinner. Got the impression they are hoping for good word-of-mouth on this place, which is fairly new. Service was fine--nothing to speak of either way. I will definitely go back here. I think I confused it with another old chain (Lonestar---the owner reminded me) that was up the street at one time. That place was awful. This is totally different. It's a chain, but a pretty good one. Bar looked nice, too---off to one end of place. They had some really big steaks on the menu like an 18oz rib eye for about 25 bucks. I imagine you'd have to split that with somebody.

• Visited April 2013

Allentown, PA
“Standing Lunch Date”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My hubby and I love to go to Longhorn for a lunch date at least twice a month plus a casual dinner every so often. Don't get me wrong we visit alot of other resaurants, but this one is a favorite. The service is always top notch, very attentive. Food is nicely plated and very tasty (My husband and I always laugh and say " Chef Ramsey would approve!"} We met the Manager, nice Gentleman, pride of Management shows. If you like a casual atmosphere in a very clean well run restaurant, give it a try.

• Visited March 2013
Bath, Pennsylvania
“Pretty decent steak”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Went to Long Horn Steakhouse and here are my thoughts! Pretty good steak but not tops! My steak was good but my wife ordered a filet and lobster that was not as good as the price indicated. Mostly subpar on the filet end. My steak was done as I asked and the sides were good. The service is very good but not annoying as a lot of chain restaurants can be. You know what I mean....waitress asking "how is your meal" every five minutes....starting before you even take a bite!!! This place was just right! Considering that a fast food take-out joint can cost you $25 before you know what hit you this was three times the price but it was a good meal...too expensive if you are just looking for a quick meal after shopping but good if you are looking for a decent steak and don't want to go to high-end steak house...kind of in-between! I give it a very good.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Chuckfrombath
Phillipsburg, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Typical but nothing rating five star reviews”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

OK, I love the area and the people since I moved out here from NYC but it's obvious the locals need more exposure to fine dining. This is standard chain restaurant fare. There is nothing here rating a five star experience. The wait staff is ordinary in its service. The food is ordinary in its preparation and presentation. At its best it screams AVERAGE!

Five stars should stand for something folks. This is not Peter Lugar. It's not even Ruth Chris. Its LongHorn, the McDonald's of chain steak houses. [Actually, the Texas Roadhouse chain is far better, so it would be the McDonald's of steak houses. This would be more like the Burger King of steak houses.]

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank PaulBH183
“Great all around eatery”
Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Food was good lots of different fair to much on.. Service was actually great attentive and stealthy I didn't even see her get our plate most of the time.. Reasonly price food but I would pass on the over prices fancy drinks too sweet an a little weak on alcohol.

1 Thank Alsjka