“Great place in the Poconos”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
High Elevations Bar & Restaurant
Pennsylvania
“Great place in the Poconos”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

I've been coming to the Poconos for many years and stay in Lake Harmony. I've been to High Elevations before which has been good but not for many years. I recently went again and even though it looks very run down from the outside and old and dated, I have to say the food and service were great. We went on a Sunday and it was very quiet. Maybe 3 other tables filled in the restaurant. Our waitress was very friendly and service was good. They had some specials. Their menus look like they have seen better days. We ordered a starter of Bruschetta which was excellent. I got the onion soup. It was fabulous. My husband got the soup of the day which was chicken noodle. He said it tasted like home made, very good. I had a delicious Cobb salad, while my husband and father in law got meatball sandwiches. I was told they were very good and came with hot, fresh fries. A lot to choose from on the menu and overall a really nice experience. Do not pass this by. You will be pleasantly surprised by the very good food.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank melissa328

Pocono Lake, Pennsylvania
“Great service sub par food”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

Our server was great and acomodating, but the food loacked fresness and quility. Not a place for a celebration, but ok for a quick meal. Maybe we hit it on a off night.

• Visited August 2014
North Plainfield, New Jersey
“Hidden Gem in The Poconos”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I and my wife found this nice hidden restaurant. In the month of June, 2014.
The French onion soup was expertly prepared with a wonderful amount of cheese.
Twice in one week drove there for the french onion soup. Worth everybite. Day 1 had mushroom ravioli with chicken nice sauce. Wife had baby back ribs on both occasion. Second time I enjoyed the fried crab cake, shrimp and scallops.
The staff was attentive and very gracious.
Met the 2 lady chefs and they were happy to here that their food was well prepared and presented well. The restaurant needs updating outside and some closer attention by the owner would be good. Overall the food good, soup excellent, staff honest and hard working women.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Nick D
New York
“Great Place!”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Food and service were exceptional, great place to go after a day of skiing or hiking to get a beer and a bite to eat.

• Visited July 2013
Southampton, Pennsylvania
“Poor service no bartender and food was lousy!!!!”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Sausage sandwich had no peppers on it.waitress got drink order wrong twice.chicken and rice soup had no rice in it.

• Visited March 2014