“Great meal, great place”
Review of Powerhouse Eatery

Powerhouse Eatery
Ranked #1 of 30 Restaurants in White Haven
Cuisines: Armenian, Italian, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Since 1989, the Powerhouse Eatery has been providing customers with an exceptional dining experience in a unique, historic atmosphere. The former power plant from which we take our name has been transformed into a contemporary dining destination, welcoming patrons from throughout the country to our home in White Haven, Pennsylvania. Yet the distinctive past of our building is always present in our remarkable dining experience.
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

We had been driving past this place and the wife and I finally stopped in for dinner. She had crab and I had filet medallions. Both dishes were served fresh and hot. The meals were simply excellent. Arguably one of the best meals we have had in PA.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

We have been passing this restaurant for four years on our way to Williamsport PA. We no longer pass it--we go out of our way to travel for white tablecloth dining at reasonable prices. This past week we had our favorite apple salad, although the orange and avocado salad is a second runner up. I was hoping for the fried watermelon appetizer I had last summer --that's right--fried watermelon, but alas they didn't have it. Looked just like a plate of sushi, but summer delicious. Try the lobster mac and cheese, and beef entrée. Their signature dessert is a peanut butter pie, surprisingly good, but any warm fruit crisp beats it in my book. The servers are consistently professional, and recommend something when asked. The bar area was hopping when we dined here on a Thursday night, I hope they have continued success in these trying financial times.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We had reservations and were sat promptly upon getting to the restaurant. The waiter was knowledgable about the menu, made substitutions for a picky eater, and was very attentive. We all enjoyed our meals, the scallops were especially large, the pasta was cooked perfect and the chicken was moist. We will definitely visit again.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

A++ Very, very good food. Attentive & courteous service. Interesting, but not overkill atmosphere.
5 star gem south of the Poconos. Easy on/off I-80.
Appitizerss, entree, drinks & dessert = $40/person.

1  Thank v z
Reviewed May 30, 2014

As the name implies, this restaurant was once a power generating station. The tables have white linen tablecloths and my friend and I thought the service was good. There was a wide variety of entrees to choose from on the menu. What we particularly liked was the "small plates" part of the menu. We both decided to get the lobster and crab bisque as an appetizer, which was very yummy, followed by dinner entrees from the small plates section. I ordered the crabmeat quesadillas. They were really good and there were a lot of them. My friend ordered the scallops entrée which she said was excellent. The prices aren't too high. There is plenty of parking and the restaurant is just off I-80 at the White Haven exit.

1  Thank treeface