“very good value”
Review of The Ugly Mug - CLOSED

The Ugly Mug
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The Mug is under new management as of September 2013. The new owners are great, they put customer satisfaction first.The food is fantastic and the atmosphere is comfortable.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“very good value”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

the place will always hold a place in my childhood still good but the service can be better the menu is reasonable and it is a great place for families

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Jean B

White Haven, Pennsylvania, United States
“Overpriced. Not good”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Very overpriced for the portion. Service horrible. Long wait. Not too friendly. Very unorganized. Food just ok.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank JacquelineH821
Christina D, Manager at The Ugly Mug, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
The restaurant is now under new ownership. Stop by and give it a try, you won't be disappointed.
Suffern, New York
“A long wait for mediocre food”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stopped at this restaurant on our way to Virginia. We were hungry and just looking for a quick bite for dinner. This restaurant seemed to be the only game in town so we went in. The place was pretty empty for a Friday night and we thought that was a good thing. Maybe we should have thought twice. The waitress apologized that she was alone that night but since there were only about 3 tables of people we didn't think that would be a problem. It took over an hour to get some simple sandwiches and hamburgers and then she forgot one meal so we had to wait another 15 minutes for a cheeseburger. We ended up being there 90 minutes and the food was just okay. Although the waitress was nice and apologetic for the long wait, I would not recommend this place .

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Leighann Z
The restaurant is under new management and owners. Please stop by and check it out. You won't be disappointed
Osseo, Wisconsin
“Nothing fancy, but great value”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Hanna's is a traditional bar/restaurant (around here we call them "supper clubs") of the kind which seemed to be everywhere 20 years ago but are sadly being replaced by chain junk food and me-too sports bars. It's off-season and when we visited we were the only dining patrons along with two guys at the bar, and the bartender/waitress/hostess (Hanna, I think) had no trouble taking care of all of us. She was friendly, helpful, and efficient, our burgers were hot, fresh, and very good, and for the area, inexpensive. I couldn't resist the chili burger, as I'd never seen anything like it offered in a restaurant, and I wasn't disappointed. The waitress helped my wife select a drink which she liked very much, and we were intrigued by the old-school real china plates the food was served on. Hanna's has character, if you understand the type of place it is and have realistic expectations, they deliver.

Visited September 2012
White Haven, Pennsylvania
“Disgusting !”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

My grandmother and I decided to stop here for a quick meal on the way home. Being local, we figured the food and service would have been as it was years ago. Wrong ! The place was dingy and disgusting and the atmosphere was less than delightful. There were Christmas decoratons up in the middle of August, not to mention the combination of winery and country "decor". The waitress was dressed extremely casual, less than expected even in a bar situation, and was running both the bar and dining area, which had 10 people at most. When she finally arrived with our menues we were even more displeased, most words were spelled incorrectly and the choices were poorly limited. I decided to order the french onion soup appetizer, as it is one of my favorite dishes, and an "ugly" wrap, which eventually lived up to his name. My grandmother ordered mozzerella sticks with a side of sauce. After waiting almost 20 minutes for my soup, I found it to be extremely concentrated, making it taste like it had been poured from a can or two. I attempted to finish that when she came over and said our food would be out shortly. Finally, after waiting almost 45 minutes for our food, she drops it on our table. My wrap was extremely greasy and everything was either overcooked or falling apart. The fries that came with my meal were also extremely greasy, just tossed onto my plate (Which by the way was dirty and old). The mozzerella sticks were about all that tasted decent, but the sause was terrible. The waitress asked how things were and when we commented on the sauce, she could not stop expressing her concern. She did not even offer to replace it or find something to put in its place. I ate about three bites of my wrap, and could not stomach any more. Finally, she brought me a to-go container and the bill. Not even inquiring as to why i barely touched my meal. We left dissatisfied without my to-go container and paid full price for something we could have pulled out of the local dumpster for free. NEVER TO RETURN AGAIN !

• Visited August 2012