“Boulder field rocks!”

Hickory Run State Park
Ranked #2 of 11 things to do in White Haven
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I came here many times as a child with my family and with girl scouts. i was excited to bring my family but wondered if it was as cool as my memories were. It was...still huge and awe inspiring. I think it may have been on my family's favorite outings (of things from when I was a kid that I wanted to show them). My kids were 4 and 6 when we went and were fine climbing on the rocks. We went when it was cool but not freezing (sweatshirts and hats) b/c of my fear of snakes. Fun fun fun!

2  Thank abbyr813
"skyline trail"
"camping experience"
"disc golf"

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stopped at this park on the way to our resort and we are so glad that we did. We hiked the "Shades of Death" Trail first. We didn't get to go all the way until the end of the trail because we were losing daylight, but we did hike at least a mile or so of it. There is a nice waterfall early on and lots of nice streams along the way. Our friends who have kids thought that the hike was fun. This is not a strenuous hike, but wear good hiking shoes as that there are some mildly unstable climbs along the way. Next, we went to Boulder Field which is a must see. The kids had a lot of fun climbing through the rocks at this site and it's nice that this is a natural landmark.

1  Thank hikerchick10
Reviewed April 17, 2012

There is much to see and do in this lovely state park near I-80. Free admission.

1  Thank Pnemiller
Reviewed April 14, 2012

My family loves to hike and picnic at this park. Boulder Field is amazing and a must see attraction.