“The unprofessional old man who takes the reservations”

Mountain Laurel Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in White Haven
New York, NY
Reviewed April 14, 2004

I called to make a reservatio for my mom for her birthday/mothers day (both are in may). The old man answers the phone with an attitude like it's not his job to take reservations. He flats out says, "I'll tell you right now that there isn't any rooms". He checks in the computer and he found two vacant suites. I booked a reservation (or so I thought) and he took down all my information and Visa card number to reserve the room. I called back weeks later because I had to cancel unexpectantly, and this time a woman answered and told me that my reservation was never booked. She couldn't find any reservation under my name which doesn't make sense because he took down my Visa number and I had to spell out my name to him. I told her about this man and how rude he was and she says, "no, he isn't rude", that told me right there that they are all very unprofessionally trained. So I would have taken my mom all the way to Whitehaven, PA to find out that I had no reservation.This guy really needs to be fired because he is extremely unpleasant over the phone and it doesn't motivate customers to want to spend their money to stay there. It doesn't just effect the hotel it also effects the people like myself who are from out of town and would like to treat there loved ones to the spa and they unfortunately have to deal with RUDE people at the hotel. You would have to try to get to the spa without staying at the resort somehow. It's terrible and I really hope that I don't see any charges on my credit card from him pretending to book my reservation.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed April 11, 2004

I made a reservation there because I wanted to treat my mom to the spa.
The man who answers the phone is definately a jerk! He tells me with a nasty attitude that they're aren't any rooms available! (but with a nasty tone like he didn't want to be bothered). He checked and there was 2 rooms available. Everytime I would ask him a question he would give me a nasty attitude or pretend like he didn't hear me.

I asked him how can I get in touch with the spa? he said that "you called reservations and I can't transfer you". I told him that the only number on the website is the one I called. "he repeated and told me "well you called resrvations" and I'm thinking I'm aware of that so why the hell is he still telling me this. Anyway I may cancel my reservation because this guy doesn't make people want to stay at the hotel.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
White Haven, PA
Reviewed February 14, 2004

My family and I were very excited when we bought timeshare at the Mountain Laurel. This excitement quickly passed and was replaced by terrible disappointment. The management clearly did not want local owners to use the facilities at the resort. After several persuasive letters, management finally refunded my money. If you are a local owner and want a refund, be persistent and you just may get it.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

#1 of 1 in Long Pond
Mohegan Sun Pocono
Mohegan Sun Pocono
#5 of 21 in Wilkes-Barre

Been to Mountain Laurel Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Mountain Laurel Resort & Spa

Address: 81 Treetops Drive, White Haven, PA 18661
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Pocono Mountains Region > Luzerne County > White Haven
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in White Haven
Price Range: $86 - $140 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Mountain Laurel Resort & Spa 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Cancelon so you can book your Mountain Laurel Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Mountain Laurel Resort And Spa