Don't be fooled by the pictures on their webpage, the place is a dump. This resort is in deep financial trouble so not much has been done to it to make it nice. They want to charge you for using more than one roll of toilet paper and charge you for basic things like the coffee and tea that is in the room. The lake is just a puddle due to the fact according to the staff it developed a leak and they haven't been able to plug it. the rooms look like they haven't been redone since the 70s. The Mini Golf is a bit overgrown and can be accessed only from a one lane gravel road. Both the indoor and outdoor pools though they are clean need lots of repairs to the masonry. The beds are lousy and the matress on the sleeper sofa is shot. Granted the enterance is well maintained, but once you turn the corner to get to the rooms the parking lot is full of craters and the landscaping is a bit overgrown. The staff was not surprised that we were unhappy and also told us the resort is in recievership and the bank is basicly investing the bare minimum in the property. Granted it looks like this was at one time a beautiful place but it has been allowed to decay into a shadow of what it once was. Maybe when the property goes up for auction a investor with enough money to restore the resort will buy it. Till then Ihave no intention of returning.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Mountain Laurel Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountain Laurel Resort And Spa
- Mountain Laurel Hotel White Haven
- Mountain Laurel White Haven
- Mountain Laurel Resort Spa