“nice horses” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Daisy Field Farm

Daisy Field Farm
Ranked #4 of 11 things to do in White Haven
More attraction details
Owner description: Daisy Field Farm offers horseback riding, trail rides, pony rides and winter sleigh rides. Located in the Poconos, you'll enjoy fresh mountain air and beautiful scenery during your stay. Hunting is not allowed on the property so the animals are trusting of us and our horses. You can see wild deer, turkeys and other animals close up during your ride. Our rides are perfect for people of all ages. Rides are by appointment only.
PA, USA
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“nice horses”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

Nice big farm with nice horses. It was my first horseback riding experience. Reasonable price, $30 for 1hr ride.
We went there on Saturday during Labor day weekend.The ride was peaceful, and view was nice. The problem was that I felt like the staff was in a big hurry. Our reservation was at 3pm. It takes about 1hr, and they were all booked. When 2pm group arrived it was our turn to get on the horse and go. There was not much instruction and no explanation of what's going to happen. I wanted to ride in frount or behind my youngest daughter but I was way back in the line.They were in the hurry to get the 4pm group on the horse. Horses seemed exhausted, too.
They seem like very nice people though.

The place was little difficult to find even with a GPS since the sign is very TINY, just so you know.

Visited September 2012
5 Thank usapa

Suffolk, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“AWESOME experience at Daisy Field Farm, White Haven, PA!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

My husband and I, with our 4 and 1/2 year old granddaughter visited the Poconos in late May. We made an appointment for a trail ride for May 31, 2012 at Daisy Hill Farm, owned by Mick and Judy Mertz. We were not sure if our granddaughter would ride a horse with me, an experienced rider, or go on a pony ride trail that would be led by Mick. She had never been on a horse or pony. With Mick's encouragement, she decided to ride double with me and we rode for an hour through beautiful woods, hills and fields. We had a wonderful time! My husband also rode and he had not ridden in 17 years! Mick and his wife are warm, gracious and loving people. Their horses were well trained and the ride was safe. It was a great experience for all of us and especially great for our granddaughter's 1st horseback ride!!

Visited May 2012
2 Thank s k
New York City, New York
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Not what I expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2012

Read the excellent reviews, thought we would give it a try since it's my sons, nieces, and nephews first time riding on horseback. Anyway we had a party of 7. My son and nephews horses were led by rope. I thought they were going to ride independently. Throughout the ride , since I was in the back, I couldn't get a clean shot of my boy on horseback. The trail was wide enough to ride side by side, but was not allowed to. Anyway when we got back to the stables, the kids were dismounted before I can focus my camera for a shot. Not one person ask if we wanted a group picture. Very disappointed. The ride was okay. Since it was a family farm parking area was very limited.
Tried DeerPath Stables later in the week...wrote a review also.

Visited December 2011
5 Thank ny110699
Freeland, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“nice people,relaxing,great views,clean horses”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2011

It was a lovely trip. Watch the video on their site that is better then words.
We would go back any day

Visited October 2011
2 Thank Kevin H
West Islip, New York
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Great views, nice people, clean horses”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2011

My boyfriend and I took a trail ride here this Oct. It was really nice and the owners were very friendly. I liked that it was a private family farm rather then a business stable. The horses were very clean and looked healthy, the property was nicely kept that they took us on the ride through. We went through forests, up and down narrow rocky paths which was cool, and over flat meadow lands. They have really great views of the mountains and it would probably be awesome to see once the leaves really start to change. I would def recommend this place and it wasn't too expensive.

Visited October 2011