“Not what I expected”
Review of Daisy Field Farm

Daisy Field Farm
Ranked #4 of 11 things to do in White Haven
More attraction details
Owner description: Daisy Field Farm offers horseback riding, trail rides, pony rides and winter sleigh rides. Located in the Poconos, you'll enjoy fresh mountain air and beautiful scenery during your stay. Hunting is not allowed on the property so the animals are trusting of us and our horses. You can see wild deer, turkeys and other animals close up during your ride. Our rides are perfect for people of all ages. Rides are by appointment only.
New York City, New York
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed January 13, 2012

Read the excellent reviews, thought we would give it a try since it's my sons, nieces, and nephews first time riding on horseback. Anyway we had a party of 7. My son and nephews horses were led by rope. I thought they were going to ride independently. Throughout the ride , since I was in the back, I couldn't get a clean shot of my boy on horseback. The trail was wide enough to ride side by side, but was not allowed to. Anyway when we got back to the stables, the kids were dismounted before I can focus my camera for a shot. Not one person ask if we wanted a group picture. Very disappointed. The ride was okay. Since it was a family farm parking area was very limited.
Tried DeerPath Stables later in the week...wrote a review also.

Visited December 2011
5 Thank ny110699

Freeland, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“nice people,relaxing,great views,clean horses”
Reviewed October 7, 2011

It was a lovely trip. Watch the video on their site that is better then words.
We would go back any day

Visited October 2011
2 Thank Kevin H
West Islip, New York
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great views, nice people, clean horses”
Reviewed October 2, 2011

My boyfriend and I took a trail ride here this Oct. It was really nice and the owners were very friendly. I liked that it was a private family farm rather then a business stable. The horses were very clean and looked healthy, the property was nicely kept that they took us on the ride through. We went through forests, up and down narrow rocky paths which was cool, and over flat meadow lands. They have really great views of the mountains and it would probably be awesome to see once the leaves really start to change. I would def recommend this place and it wasn't too expensive.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank rosieposie515
Bensalem
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Relaxing, enjoyable afternoon ride with the family!!”
Reviewed December 30, 2010

We were interested in taking a nice, relaxing horseback ride and discovered a gem in the Pocono mountains!! The proprietors immediately put us at ease and assured us that we would have a good time. We certainly did!!! What a wonderful way to discover and enjoy the countryside next to a wildlife preserve. If you want to unwind and relax on a beautiful horse, this place is for you!!! Thank you so much Judy and Mick...we WILL be back!!

The Morton Family

2 Thank wmorton
North Haven, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“beautiful and fun experience”
Reviewed August 6, 2010

Yes, because they are family run, we were not hurried through the experience. We actually spent two hours there. It is not just a field, but also goes though a wooded trail and along a pond. One of their goats followed us. We saw many deer and were allowed to hang out after to enjoy feeding the horses and goats. Because we were allowed an evening ride, we watched Mick release the horses into the field after our ride. We also got to take a hay ride out to the fields to feed the deer corn and they came running towards us! We felt welcome to enjoy the farm and its animals.

3 Thank kate33865