“They don't go overboard for Priority Club members”

and 1 more site!
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in White Haven
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Spouse is Priority Club member and front desk staff usually great us accordingly. 99.9% of the time, we get a little food or beverage item upon check-in. In this case, we weren't greeted as Priority Club members and we didn't get any snack. Later, my spouse went back to the front desk to question this, and was given some snacks. The staff said that they don't like to give out the goodie bags when non-Priority Club members are in the lobby - the non-members don't understand why some people get bags and others don't. Well, wouldn't that be teaching moment - become a PC member and get food?

It was dark and a Sunday night when we arrived and the only decent restaurant within 5 miles was super crowded so we ate at McDonalds - not exactly what we wanted, but was the only thing around.

Location was convenient for us - half-way between son's college and home, but I'm not sure that we would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank seg56

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in White Haven, PA as it was close to the Pocono Speedway. The hotel was clean, the bed extremely comfortable, and the free breakfast perfect as it began at 6:30 a.m. and we had to leave by 7. The hotel is two minutes from Route 80 so very convenient. I checked the reviews for the hotel before we booked it and they were right on the money!

Room Tip: Our room was facing the parking lot instead of the highway so was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Our first time staying at a HIE and we loved it! Beds were queen size and very comfy. Room and bathroom were very clean. Breakfast was good but lacked meat.

Hotel has no 'physical address' so you couldn't use GPS which was annoying. Pool was small.

Otherwise great place to stay for value!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This is a nice property, for the area. Don't panic about the directions. It is VERY close to the off ramp from the turnpike. Exit the turnpike and take a left it is just past the McDonalds on the same side of the street. There is a 24hr gas station w/snack shop close by and another 2 fast food restaurants. Front lobby here is warm (Fireplace) and inviting. There is ample space to work in the lobby area if you want to get out of the room. In this town there are slim pickings for a quality hotel and this is one of the best in the area.

Room Tip: Choose from the front side of the hotel if possible
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I often travel on I-80 between New York and Chicago. If I leave New York after work, this hotel is in a perfect spot for a break and a good night's sleep. The hotel is in excellent condition, attractive and clean. Room was comfortable, bathroom was spotless. Very helpful staff. Breakfast was quite good; the dining area is spacious and well-lit. I'm sure I'll stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for one night before white water rafting. The location was perfect for the purpose. We stopped off at the Francis Walter Dam which is a beautiful sight and is right near the hotel. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable and the bathroom was attractive and spotless. Breakfast was your typical free continental breakfast. If that's not your ideal, there's a McDonalds right next door .

But the noise!!! Oh my goodness! The hotel is right next to an entrance ramp to the PA turnpike, there was traffic noise all night long. Also, any time someone closed their door on our hallway, it sounded like the room next door had slammed their door. Lastly, at around 8:15 pm there was some bizarre combination of loud voices and a shaking/slamming feeling that kept going. We were on the top floor so who knows what it was, but it was quite unnerving.

I guess I would stay there again if I went rafting because there's not much else out there and it's so clean, but I'd be prepared for a loud night.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Mekeyser
Reviewed June 25, 2012

First and foremost - Call for directions. The hotel does not have a street address to put in a GPS. The front desk told use to use the McDonald's next door as the address, which worked.

When I went for a swim at around 6:15am on Sunday, the pool was not open yet, but I went back to the front desk and she promptly unlocked it for me. The room was clean and pretty spacious for a H.I.E. and offers free, pretty strong WiFi.

As another reviewer stated, there is nothing particularly fascinating about the area the hotel is in other than its proximity to the highway. The front desk staff were friendly and all in all, the stay was average for a Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Pocono Resort Conference Center
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony

Address: Route 940 @ I-80 & I-476, White Haven, PA 18661
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Pocono Mountains Region > Luzerne County > White Haven
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in White Haven
Price Range: $91 - $216 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Welcome to Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Pocono Mountain, a completely 100% tobacco free hotel, the best place to Stay Smart in White Haven with easy access to the Interstate 80, Interstate 476 and Route 940 intersection. Our hotel is centrally located to take advantage of all the Northeastern Pennsylvania area has to offer. Area attractions include Split Rock Resort Indoor Water Park, Pocono Raceway, Jack Frost Mountain, Bushkill Falls, The Crossings Premium Outlets, Whitewater Rafting, Big Boulder Ski Area, Lake Harmony, Jim Thorpe, Mohegan Sun Casino and many others. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony