“Friendly staff, call for directions”

and 1 more site!
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in White Haven
Reviewed June 25, 2012

First and foremost - Call for directions. The hotel does not have a street address to put in a GPS. The front desk told use to use the McDonald's next door as the address, which worked.

When I went for a swim at around 6:15am on Sunday, the pool was not open yet, but I went back to the front desk and she promptly unlocked it for me. The room was clean and pretty spacious for a H.I.E. and offers free, pretty strong WiFi.

As another reviewer stated, there is nothing particularly fascinating about the area the hotel is in other than its proximity to the highway. The front desk staff were friendly and all in all, the stay was average for a Holiday Inn.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

We stayed here while touring colleges in the area, as it was a good mid-way point. It's a newer hotel, and while it's not in a particularly interesting location, it was minutes off the highway and easy to get to places from there. It is brand new and clean and the staff is super friendly - I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The third floor is good as it is quiet, but if you had little kids and wanted to be near the pool, t...
1  Thank AnneAndrews
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We came in late on a rainy night with no reservation - we got a room and a free upgrade and the receptionist was extremely helpful. Then we were late for breakfast but the dining room attendee was more than helpful giving us full service and some friendly advice eventhough the dining room was supposed to be closed already. That's going the extra mile!
The hotel is located very close to the beatiful Poconos, just a few miles from the amazing Hickory Run State Park (highly recommended!).
It's a Holiday Inn so don't expect anything fancy however the room was in great shape and the level of comfort was very good.

1  Thank mango1908
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Stayed here for a wedding 5/11/12 - 5/12/12.

The one thing that annoyed me was that I was unable to put the address into my GPS - because there isn't one!! That being said, once you get off the exit from I-80 - you can clearly see the hotel on the right. Not sure why there is no physical address though. (Mail man must love that) So even after my initial "freak out" about that - all was well. Just get off the exit if going west on I-80 - and turn right.

The hotel was clean. Staff friendly. I was very impressed. I have never stayed in a Holiday Inn before. The first thing I did was check the bed. You hear so many issues of bed bugs - so now that is a habit in ANY hotel. (Does not matter if the hotel has good or bad reviews, b/c initially, it is the guests that cause this issue, by bringing them to the hotel. I am happy to report - there not only were none, but there were mattress covers as well. Bed was extremely comfortable. There were firm and soft pillow types to choose from. Room was clean and more than adequate. Free Wi-fi. We had a family with multiple rooms - and they did a good job of keeping us all together. I did not notice highway noise, like some mention at hotels that are close like this to a major highway, but that would depend on your tolerance. (Same with "thin" walls). Bathroom was big, and spotless. Little shampoo, conditioner, soap and lotion in shower/next to sink. Pool was good. Same set up I have seen in many other hotels like this with an indoor pool. They always smell like there is too much chlorine for such a little space. I had to leave after about 30 minutes. But the people I was with had no complaints. If I went in the pool, I am sure it would not have bothered me as much. Workout room next to pool with a treadmill and elliptical I believe. The Continental breakfast was awesome. So many choices... I wanted it all! You will not be disappointed in it. Eggs, fresh pancakes (you literally make them...sounds odd, but the machine is cool), cereal, yogurt, fruit, bagels, muffins, sausage, bacon, juices, coffee, tea... I feel like I still missed something. :)

Overall, I gave this an excellent rating, b/c other than my own preference of too much chlorine - everything was great! :)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lenaapple1974
Reviewed April 11, 2012

This is a nice relatively new hotel and has very clean rooms. No problems at all with the stay.. Conveniently located close to split rock water park where we spent the two days.. My only comment is that our room was close to the highway so if you are averse to noise you may want to ask for a room that is not facing the highway.. Free Breakfast was good and hotel price was reasonable. We were satisfied with our stay.

Room Tip: Chose rooms that are not facing the highway
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 26, 2012

' Stayed here 2 nights en route and back to a tool warehouse in Muncy, PA. (Don't ask: my husband is a woodworker and does fine carpentry...I thought it would be a little adventure to drive across the middle of PA so he could purchase his "jointer saw" at the warehouse site itself...HA-HA)

Actually we had a fun little adventure; however, getting to this hotel was an unanticipated aspect of the "fun." As goes the euphemism in Maine: "You cahn't get theyah from heeah"

Now, I'm an "old-school" atlas kind of gal. Not having one with us, we relied on my pre-printed google map, and on our i-phones. Forget it! We drove at least 40 miles out of our way to get to this hotel.

Later, we overheard the kind woman at the front desk speaking to a client on the phone, explaining: "No, no, no. Don't follow your GPS. We do not have a physical address.... Do not take exit 273 off of I-80, take exit 277..." She then looked at us and we explained our wild goose chase, and she shook her head, and said: "Happens all the time."

Check your map, check your GPS, but by all means, TALK TO A REAL PERSON at this hotel to GET PROPER DIRECTIONS.

We had a large KIng (accessible) room. Only King they had left. Very clean, very spacious, with comfortable bed. I guess we were lucky to have had no neighbors the first night. The second night, at about 3 am, I awoke to hear a conversation next door. Really, the people were not screaming, just talking. I think the walls must be quite thin. Later that same morning: too much noise in the hallway from guests talking to each other and closing their doors.

Breakfast was okay. Hey, it's free. Scrambled eggs were good. Fruit juices, coffee, tea available. There were bagels, english muffins, cold cereal. The only fresh fruits were bananas, which I always find a disappointment. And the only yogurt was the low-fat aspartame-laced type (oogh--you can't have "real" yogurt?)

Pool / hot-tub in the late morning were quiet and relaxing.

For $135 a night, it was a typical chain experience that was cheap and cheerful.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2012

This hotel was excellent in all respects for a trip with our Girl Scout troop. The hotel looks fairly new and the rooms were very clean. They assigned us to rooms directly across from the pool on the first floor. The staff was generous in letting us use the breakfast area for the group to eat pizza in the evening. Even though we checked out in the morning before going skiing and snow tubing, they let store some luggage until the end of the day. When we returned, we we allowed to use the restrooms and the lobby area to regroup prior to our trip home. The breakfast was good. In addition to toast, cold cereal and yogurt, there were scrabbled eggs, sausage gravy & biscuits, and a pancake machine that made pancakes to order.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
#6 of 6 in White Haven
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Best Western Inn At Blakeslee-Pocono

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony

Address: Route 940 @ I-80 & I-476, White Haven, PA 18661
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Pocono Mountains Region > Luzerne County > White Haven
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in White Haven
Price Range: $98 - $208 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Welcome to Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Pocono Mountain, a completely 100% tobacco free hotel, the best place to Stay Smart in White Haven with easy access to the Interstate 80, Interstate 476 and Route 940 intersection. Our hotel is centrally located to take advantage of all the Northeastern Pennsylvania area has to offer. Area attractions include Split Rock Resort Indoor Water Park, Pocono Raceway, Jack Frost Mountain, Bushkill Falls, The Crossings Premium Outlets, Whitewater Rafting, Big Boulder Ski Area, Lake Harmony, Jim Thorpe, Mohegan Sun Casino and many others. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony