“Scenic,peaceful ride, friendly owners.”

Deer Path Riding Stable
Ranked #3 of 11 things to do in White Haven
More attraction details
Owner description: Scenic guided trail rides through the Pocono forest. Gentle horses, helpful guides and an "easy does it" pace makes for a great outdoor experience, even for first timers.We Love Beginners.
Reviewed October 24, 2011

My husband and I have been to Deer Path Stables twice now. We love the long,peaceful ride through the woods. Go in the summer with the sun shining down, trees loaded with leaves; go in the fall with a chill in the air, colorful foilage and leaves crunching underfoot. The ride lasts about an hour. Owners are friendly. Horses calm and well-trained. My husband and I went on our anniversary. John, the owner, discovered this as we talked during our ride. He took our picture with his phone and e-mailed it to our home. A very thoughtful gesture. This place is great for beginners, as the operators have a lot of patience and also great for experienced riders. A lovely ride, all around.

There are newer reviews for Deer Path Riding Stable

Reviewed October 18, 2011

Excellent riding experience, I went with a girlfriend who never rode before thanks to the guides it was a wonderful experience. Horses are well trained and guides are friendly and helpful. Looking forward to visiting again.

Reviewed September 6, 2011

One of the best things about this place is that it’s great for beginners. Prior to my visit, the last time I rode a horse was during my childhood. The instructors were great at taking the time to make me feel comfortable where at the end of it all I felt like an avid rider. I highly recommend this place because it has nice trail, good instructors, all at a affordable price.

1  Thank EARL S
Reviewed August 27, 2011

I took my nieces, nephews and grandchildren (ages 7-11) plus adults to ride on a lovely sunny day. The owner was gracious and friendly. The guides were helpful and advised the children on safety issues. The little ones got pony rides and the older ones went on a trail ride through a lovely wooded area. We say deer and squirrels and birds along the trail. The ride was nearly an hour long and we all had a wonderful time. I would say the price was a bargain for the fun we had. I've ridden there many times and each time has been wonderful.

1  Thank Joey W
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Great experience; scenic ride with friendly and often funny guides. A fun way to spend some quality time with the whole family.

2  Thank Jlc483