“Pet Friendly, Easy Access to Highways, Convenient Location”

Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in White Haven
Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania
“Pet Friendly, Easy Access to Highways, Convenient Location”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

When recently traveled to the Poconos region with our dog, and we found the White Haven Comfort Inn very convenient for us. It's a pet-friendly hotel that didn't cost very much and was convenient to a lot of activities - such as a great fly fishing shop just down the road, a horse riding ranch also a few short miles away, and about a half hour drive to CBK Adventures, where we went zip-lining. My husband was able to fish both Hickory Run and Lehigh River nearby, and the Poconos were beautiful in the fall. We did sign a pet agreement upon arrival, and the front desk clerk was really nice and made an exception for us in leaving the dog alone (but crated) in the room, as long as we provided cell numbers in case of noise (we weren't gone for long periods and didn't have any problems at all) - she was really nice and struck up a good conversation about our dog and her daughter's dog. The hotel offered a full spread for a continental breakfast, and the attendants were always friendly and helpful in the mornings. The room was average, but the bed was super comfy, and the bathroom was relatively clean. There was a mild musty or smoky smell throughout the hotel, but it met our expectations for the price we paid.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Arabic first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed here for a Karate Tournament that was held at Split Rock resort. This hotel is 5 mins away from Split Rock Resort. The outside looks old however the inside was very nice for a budget friendly hotel. The room was clean, the bathroom was well stocked. The bed was ultra comfortable and the room was spacious. The room also included a 42 inch Flat Screen TV, microwave and mini refrigerator. We didn't use the pool however we did walk around and it was clean and enough room for children to play and have fun. The game room was small but nice enough to entertain children. The hotel offered a buffet breakfast, my family was very impressed with the breakfast. The Buffet Breakfast included danish, breads, Cereal, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, bagels, OJ, Apple Juice, Bacon, Sausage and mini omelet's and my kids favorite the homemade waffles. The kitchen area where the buffet was served is small however the food was replenished very quickly. Overall we enjoyed this hotel and we rated it 5* (excellent) because we paid under $100 for a family of four and we sleep and ate well. This is a comfort Inn not the Ritz Carlton so we received more than we paid for. The resort staff was very friendly and helpful. We will stay here next year!!!

Room Tip: The only tip I would suggest is to register as a comfort inn guest so you can earn points!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Marion, Ohio
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stayed here on the way to NY. Our room was basically clean, the bed comfortable, and the bathroom acceptable. A good cleaning behind things is in order though. The room smelled clean and fresh and that meant a lot. Overall the hotel was clean and orderly. The breakfast was quite good and that was a big plus.
The hotel staff was polite and helpful and referred us to a wonderful restaurant we'd never have found without their help. The location is easy to find and easy to get back on I-80. We'd stay here again if the need ever arose.

1 Thank Paul S
Schuylkill County, Pa
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We had lovely time for a one-nite stay on the nite of 5 Oct 2013. My Mom and I found the 2 queen beds firm and well-quilted, with 4 pillows. Each bed had two soft and two 'firm' pillows, but I need really hard pillows. The ample-sized room had a micowave and frig (slightly larger than usual) which we always appreciate. The bathroom was clean and well-stocked with towels. The cozy lobby had a welcoming feel, which the reception person also radiated. Round the clock coffee, tea and cocoa and a REAL hot breakfast was a sure winner for both of us. I just recommend that management installs an assist bar on the inner side of shower/bath stall for elderly customers. You need not be handicapped to really appreciate that assist bar. An exercise room provided opportunity to burn off some calories. All is well at this hotel and we hope to return soon.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SkierhikerGal
Heatherwaltz, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
SkierhikerGal~

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Comfort Inn Pocono Mountain. I will be sure to share your review with my team members to let them know they are appreciated.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

~Heather
Edgewater Park, NJ
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We celebrated our 28th anniversary last weekend, so we thought a trip to the Poconos would be nice with the fall foliage. I am a Choice Privileges member so decided to check out Comfort Inns in the area. I was interested in a room with the Jacuzzi and Pocono Mountain Comfort Inn had rooms available at a very good price. We were not disappointed, very nice hotel, very nice room. jacuzzi was nice and bed very comfortable. The free breakfast was very good. We really liked the area and would definitely return. I also would like to mention we had an excellent meal at The Feed Mill Restaurant in White Haven, very reasonably priced and very small, definitely need to make reservations but worth it !

1 Thank jrmarkie
jrmarkie ~

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at the Comfort Inn Pocono Mountain. I am glad you enjoyed your Anniversary with us and look forward to another visit in the near future!

~ Heather
Philadelphia
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I planned a one night stay to see the fall colors and had a "free night" to use at a Choice Hotel. I chose this one and am glad I did. I read the reviews and one of the reviewers complained that the indoor heated pool was COLD. Since I liked the idea of an indoor pool I contacted the manager via email and she confirmed it was heated. I'll tell you from experience that it sure was. In fact the desk person , Barbara, agreed with me that it was almosttoo warm. But I was fine. And the spa was hot. While on the pool issue, I'll say that I was disappointed that it doesn't open until 10am (till 10 pm). I like to take a swim or use span in the AM before breakfast. Would be nice if it opened at 7am.

My room was clean and large. (Room 523) and even though next to elevator it was never noisy. Heating system worked great. No issue with room. They used to have a restaurant but no more though there's a McDonals and a Wawa across the road. The staff recommended Murphy's Loft - 7 miles away - and it was okay for sandwiches but I thought pricey for entrees).
There is coffee in rooms but also in lobby and - first time I ever saw this - the fresh fruit from breakfast was left there to eat.

Now breakfast. GREAT! I expect waffles at comfort inns but there was also small omlettes and bacon and - in addtion to yourgurt there were presealed cups of fruit cocktail (packaged in Thailand! - yeesh can companies make it cheaper in the US?). So this was a great breakfast.

The front desk staff - Barbara at night and Katie in the AM - were friendly and outgoing. My ONLY dissapointment in my stay was that none of the desk staff was familiar with the two big State Parks practically nearby. From my discussions, I don't think they had been in either. These are big tourist attractions and there are great walking trails - plus Boulder Field - and I had to fend for myself. I might suggest that the site manager plan a "fiekd trip" for all the front desk staff to the two parks one day and get to know enough to offer guidance, suggestions and directions to customers.

But, if I was in area and the rate was good, I'd definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: My room faced hwy but glass thick enough to keep room quiet
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank SteveinPhilly
Heatherwaltz, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
SteveinPhilly ~

Thank you for your review on your recent stay at the Comfort Inn Pocono Mountain!

I very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with my team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

PS... I will be sure to send Barb & Katie on an adventure to Boulder Field! I visited there often as a child and love Hickory run State Park & more recently I biked the Lehigh Gorge State park and loved every mile!!!

~Heather
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Hotel needs updating and badly. but not in the areas that would interfere with your stay. If you are skiing in Poconos, or just admiring fall foliage, it is a nice place to stay, given its proximity to highway. If you are a shopper, premium outlets are just about 20 min away. Other than that it's middle of nowhere, or middle of mountains. There are few Mc Donalds and Arbys across the street, but not much variety in terms of dining.
Hotel offers free breakfast, the regular stuff rolls, waffles and cereal, nothing exquisite, so do not expect much.The rooms need to be renovated,but they are clean.(They allow pets in there, so i was really thorough about pet hair, given to my allergies, but it was fine). Ask for a room, with even #, because they overlook the mountain, and you will get much better view, than highway noise on the odd numbered rooms.
Another oddity, is that hotel is built in the side of the mountain, and the 4th floor, counts as ground floor. It will take a day of getting lost until you figure that accessing pol, gym and breakfast lounge is actually going upstairs(we were on 3rd floor). The pool is Ok, and looks clean, but hot tub, is so gross looking that they will have to pay me to get in there.
If you are staying there for a quick visit to Poconos, it works just fine, esp. If you have kids and pets. Don't expect much though. However, staff is very friendly and helpful, and can advice you on things to do.

Also consider these accommodations in or near White Haven
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,401 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain? Share your experiences!