“Excellent for what you pay for!”

Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in White Haven
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We initially chose this hotel for how close it is to JFBB ski resort. First I must say that the young woman we spoke to on the phone was very pleasant and patient during every phone call we made ( we called around for prices). This comfort inn offered the best price in the area. Check in was a breeze. The lobby looked updated, clean, 2 flat screen tv's, plenty of lounge chairs and seating for breakfast and what not, all next to a fireplace. We got to our room and everything was 100%. Clean, warm, and stocked with everything necessary. Fridge and microwave worked perfect. Tv had a few HD channels including HBO. Although our room did have a bit of a smokey smell but that's expected when you're staying in a SMOKING ROOM (by choice by the way). So literally no complaints. **side note** Both McDonalds and WaWa are RIGHT acrossed the street. PLUS there's a pool and sauna here ( we didn't bring swimsuits though!) but that's cool still. All in all 5 out of 5 from a couple that had a great New Years! Happy New Year 2013!!!

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank TRuscansky
Heatherwaltz, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

TRuscansky

Thank you for your recent review, we truly appreciate your kinds words and look forward to your return to the Comfort Inn Pocono Mountain! Happy New Year 2013 from all of our team members!!!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night on our way home. We had a little trouble finding it, as the directions had us getting off at the wrong exit. Had we been at the correct exit the hotel would have been very simple to find. Clearly the annoyed woman at the gas station that gave us directions had given directions a number of times before.
Upon checking in we found out how friendly the staff were. From the front desk staff, to the housekeepers, to the breakfast staff, everyone was very friendly with a smile on their faces.
Our King-size bed room was on the 5th floor of a 6 floor hotel. The hotel is built into the side of a mountain, so floor 4 is actually the first floor and floors 1-3 are below ground. When we got to our room it was cold (no problem) and I did have trouble figuring out how to get the heater to blow out warm air. Figured it out, and the room heated quickly. The heater was quite noisy, but it did not bother my sleeping at all. The mattress was firm, but I slept very well. The room was very clean, but quite dated. I know the hotel has been remodeled, but there are continuing remnants of the older hotel. In the morning our showers were hot, but the pressure was not super strong.
Breakfast was a great assortment, and as mentioned earlier the staff worked very hard to keep everything full.
We ate a terrific dinner at The Powerhouse (see review) which was about 3 miles away. We highly recommend eating there when you stay at this hotel.
Check-out was fast. We did not use the safe ($1.50 fee additional) and asked to have it taken off of our bill which the young lady did with ease.
Overall, I would recommend the Comfort Inn for a stay in the area.

Room Tip: Floors 5 and 6 are above the ground level, and 4 is at the ground level.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laurie P
Reviewed October 15, 2012

During our 5 night stay the entire staff was extremely helpful, cheerful and accommodating. The hotel is clean & convenient to majory highways; places to eat. There is a heated pool which we did not use but others seemed to enjoy. The hot & cold breakfast buffet was very good and the menu changed daily. We would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: The hotel is on a hillside; while there are 6 floors, the 4th floor is level with the main entrance...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank peace1942
Reviewed October 14, 2012

If you are passing through the area this is the place to stop over to have a relaxing enjoyable time.We really enjoyed the pool. One of the things that we were impressed with was the treatment from the general manager Heather Walltz she was really nice and accomidating!I Thank you Heather! I will definetly come back.

Room Tip: speak to general manager Heather Waltz and she will definetly accomidate you!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank sam f
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We vacationed here from 8/16/12-8/21/12 for a family vacation. There were upgrades made from the previous year. This year we booked a Suite which worked out great for us and just gave us a lot more living space for our 5 day stay. The kids had a blast between the pool and the game room and they even managed to try out the exercise room everyday which was a first! The continental breakfast every morning was so nice. Always plenty of food and it was good. The staff was very nice. I must say that Katie from the front desk was such a help whether it was the couple times I called before our vacation to check on things or when we arrived. She was always eager to help make our stay as enjoyable as could be. Our room service was great. We returned everyday from our outings to a clean room and fresh towels. I couldn't be happier with this hotel. It is older, but regardless of it being aged, renovations seem to always be taking place and the price was affordable. If returning to the Pocono's next year we know where we'll be staying once again! Thanks Comfort Inn for another enjoyable vacation!

Room Tip: If traveling with children, we recommend the Suite's. It was a homier atmosphere with it's...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Cheryl W
Heatherwaltz, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Cheryl W~

I would like to take a moment to personally thank you for your awesome review of the Comfort Inn - Pocono Mountain. We look forward to your return visit every year:) In the near future we will be rolling out new carpet, new mattresses and bedding just to name a few renovations in the works! I am also pleased to hear you like the suites and the kids enjoyed the new game room. I will be sure to pass along your pleasant thoughts about Katie and the rest of our Team Members.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Walking into the lobby was like walking in a hotel from the 70s. Outdated in so many ways. there are buttons and signs in the elevator for things that didn't even exist anymore.

We chose this hotel due to the convenience of I-80. The price was right at $79 and it was just a stopover on the way to Long Island. I would not pick this place as a "destination".

We called for more pillows and they didn't have any. The room was small and outdated. The shower pressure was lacking. Could hear people outside the room into the night.

The breakfast was nicer than I had anticipated when the attendant said "continental breakfast". It included hot items.

We ate at the PowerHouse Eatery down the down the road and it was excellent.

I give this 3 stars for value, breakfast and location.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Kathy C~

Thank you for your recent review. I am sorry to hear you would prefer the HIE. As we are in a constant upgrade and renovation maybe you would consider the Comfort Inn Pocono Mountain on a return visit. If there is anything I am able to do to help with your decision, please contact me any time.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I am staying at this hotel for the 2nd night, and will leave tomorrow. Now I'm writing the review in my room. When I got back tonight at 8pm, just to find out that my room is not cleaned at all. Maybe they just forget one room, but it's already late, and I'm not gonna ask them to do the room for me. BTW the bathroom smells funny too, from yesterday of course.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Wei H~

Thank you for your recent review. It appears that your room had a do not disturb sign on the door, as a policy the staff will not service your room. I apologize if this was in error and hopefully you will visit us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near White Haven
Mountain Laurel Resort & Spa
Mountain Laurel Resort & Spa
#6 of 6 in White Haven
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony
Pocono Resort Conference Center
Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe

Been to Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain? Share your experiences!