“Would pick the Holiday Inn Express Next Time”

Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in White Haven
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Walking into the lobby was like walking in a hotel from the 70s. Outdated in so many ways. there are buttons and signs in the elevator for things that didn't even exist anymore.

We chose this hotel due to the convenience of I-80. The price was right at $79 and it was just a stopover on the way to Long Island. I would not pick this place as a "destination".

We called for more pillows and they didn't have any. The room was small and outdated. The shower pressure was lacking. Could hear people outside the room into the night.

The breakfast was nicer than I had anticipated when the attendant said "continental breakfast". It included hot items.

We ate at the PowerHouse Eatery down the down the road and it was excellent.

I give this 3 stars for value, breakfast and location.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Heatherwaltz, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Kathy C~

Thank you for your recent review. I am sorry to hear you would prefer the HIE. As we are in a constant upgrade and renovation maybe you would consider the Comfort Inn Pocono Mountain on a return visit. If there is anything I am able to do to help with your decision, please contact me any time.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I am staying at this hotel for the 2nd night, and will leave tomorrow. Now I'm writing the review in my room. When I got back tonight at 8pm, just to find out that my room is not cleaned at all. Maybe they just forget one room, but it's already late, and I'm not gonna ask them to do the room for me. BTW the bathroom smells funny too, from yesterday of course.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Wei H~

Thank you for your recent review. It appears that your room had a do not disturb sign on the door, as a policy the staff will not service your room. I apologize if this was in error and hopefully you will visit us again.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed at this Comfort Inn for a weekend in June 2012. The room was relatively clean. Bathroom had a strange odor, but it was bearable. Like other reviewers said, the walls are thin and you can hear your neighbors, but it is more like a faint murmur. Staff was pleasant. BIG positive was the free breakfast provided. Wasn't top notch quality obviously, but the staff was keen on replenishing the food.The swimming pool and hot tub were semi clean, but I thought the swimming pool could be cleaner since it wasn't completely clear water. There aren't that many food choices around this Comfort Inn so we had to drive about 15 minutes to find something decent. Overall, a positive experience for the low rate we got for the room!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Klingtop~

Thank you for your review, we truly appreciate your comments and kind words. I will definitely pass along your review to all our Team Members. Just to let you know, I have addressed the minor issues in your review and am happy to report the pool is crystal clear. Please think of us on your next visit :)

Heather

Reviewed August 15, 2012

First it was a little hard to find with GPS. If they would post the exit number, that would help a lot. The restaurant attached is closed and being a very small town, there weren't many places to choose from to eat. A small town nearby had a few choices, but you were pretty much limited to the A&W/Long John Silver's across the street. Breakfast wasn't a problem as they served a continental breakfast.

Rooms were ok but could have stood some renovation. Overall ok and with breakfast provided it made the price more reasonable. Did provide a roll-away and military discount. Traveling with 3 kids, the roll-away was very nice. A little slow to bring it up to the room, though. Had to ask a few times.

Room Tip: The restaurant is closed!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2012

This is a sinking ship with Heather as Captain of damage control to give stock answers, apologies, and well wishes to unsatisfied guests.

If you can't sleep with noisy neighbors then you won't be able to sleep. When others came and went the doors would slam and would startle me every time. You can hear conversations through the walls. You can here down the hallway.

The rooms are big but they're not clean. They're old and not in a cool, vintage kinda way.

We checked out after almost getting in a fight with our neighbors. Heather said she'd help but they kept banging on our door and running away. We didn't get our money back and got no response from Choice Hotels. After complaining a second time I got a response to call Heather. What could we possibly talk about?

This place exists from being off a turnpike exit. There's nothing else going for it. If you're excited about waffles and autumn colors then by all means, be their guest. Parties? Yes, this is the place. If you'd like to place to unwind and get some sleep then try something else down the road.

Heather, please don't respond below by thanking me for my comments or apologizing for anything as a way to toot your own horn. Fix the problems and let others to it for you.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ladida68
Heatherwaltz, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

ladida68

I am truly saddened by your review and apologize for any disturbance you were given by another guest. We made every attempt to keep them respectful of our other guests, and felt they understood. Unfortunately you felt differently.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

While they called it a "stink" bug, I would like to warn my fellow Canadians NOT to stay at this hotel. This hotel was both dirty and overpriced. We paid $227.81 for one night. Waking up to a bug crawling on you won't do anything except cause you to lose a night's sleep.
When we called the supervisor to complain, the hotel staff disturbed some poor girl at home. She indicated she would pass our complaint on to her General Manager Heather Waltz but guess what, we never heard from her.
We waited until we were off work and called again a couple of months later and they offered a reduction on our stay with them! What a hoot. As if we would stay there again!
If you’re driving through the Poconos fellow Canadians, please don't stay at this place because it turned out to be anything "comfortable" with no caring about our complaint whatsoever!

Room Tip: Don't choose Comfort Inns! Their Head Office Choice Hotels.COM does not know how to deal with Cl...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank F M
Heatherwaltz, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

FM,

Thank you for your review, I feel it is unfair for you to warn fellow Canadians against the Comfort Inn Pocono Mountain. However some important tips when traveling in our are may help, check to see if it is a Nascar Race weekend to avoid the higher room rates due to demand and to expect some critters because we are surrounded by the Beautiful Pocono Mountains and as a native to the Poconos I love all our critters including the ones that sometimes can be annoying, such as stink bug.
As for the poor girl the staff disturbed, that would be myself, Heather Waltz,GM.

We take pride in our customer service and I am sorry that we were not able to make your stay with us more enjoyable. As you can read all of our reviews there has been several past guests that have enjoyed there stay at the Comfort Inn Pocono Mountain.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I stayed there in July 2012 for a white water rafting trip and I thought the hotel was great. The hotel is right out off of 80 and the PA Turnpike...LITERALLY. The rooms were large and clean. The breakfast in the morning was great (it was eggs, bacon, waffles) not the usual "continental breafast." Plus VERY CLEAN. I am very picky about children being near open food as I don't want their fingers touching anything but there was an employee there who was turning the food over and making sure everything was clean so I appreciated that. The only reason I didn't give them 5 stars was because the water in the tub took a bit long to go down. I don't know if it's because the drain stopper kept falling in or there was another problem but being that I was only there one night it didn't seem like such a big problem. I thought the staff was very attentive and pleasant and if I would've addressed it I'm sure they would've taken care of it. I would definitely stay there again. Through the hotel I also received a white water package which reduced my trip by $80 bucks so I couldn't have been happier with this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank jenn1314

Jenn1314

Thank you for your review, I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. This year was very successful with our White Water Rafting packages. We plan on adding a few more packages, such as Skirmish, Biking and a Romance package...so be sure to keep an eye out for them.

Also consider these accommodations in or near White Haven
Mountain Laurel Resort & Spa
Mountain Laurel Resort & Spa
#6 of 6 in White Haven
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony
Pocono Resort Conference Center
Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe

Been to Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain? Share your experiences!