“Good Food and Presentation”
Review of Walnut Grill

Walnut Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Walnut Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 73 Restaurants in Wexford
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed March 17, 2014

The food is very good but a little expensive for the portions. Everyone in my party of six had something different and all were satisfied with the taste. They make an ordinary dish special with a signature flare or taste. It did take awhile for them to set our table for six even though they were not busy at the time. The appetizers and meals were served at a good pace and the server seemed to have a good sense when to stop back without being a pest. They also serve a Sunday brunch weekly if you like that sort of thing. I do believe they also have recently changed their name replacing the word Grove with Grill. Even though it is higher priced than expected, I will return again.

1  Thank Trapezoid1976

Reviewed February 6, 2014

It gets very crowded in the summer and they do not accept reservations. Great food and service. We love this local favorite.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Has great food, however it gets very loud. Good place for families looking for good American food. I enjoyed my meal.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I went with my family of 5. It was a very busy friday night which we found out there was a band playing that night. Even though the restaurant was packed we had called ahead and our table was waiting upon our arrival. The waiter was very attentive and helpful in choosing options on the menu, everything he recommended was amazing. He was never far when we needed him and checked on us constantly, but not to the point that he was annoying. The food was cooked perfectly and the options on the menu were extensive. Definitely one of the best meals I have had.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I went here for lunch around 2pm, and although I was immediately seated, by waiter was a good ten minutes with the menu after I was seated. As you can imagine, the restaurant was relatively slow and only had a few tables occupied. After another 10 minutes, he came to take my order. The food was brought to me relatively quick, but I was disappointed after I got it. Overall the service was TOO slow for the time of day, and they all seemed to lack a good attitude, or caring about the patrons.

I ordered a turkey club with sweet potato fries. The fries were undercooked and really thick cut, so they were a little on the raw side. The sandwich had great turkey on it, but the toast was so thick and overly toasted that it cut my mouth everytime I tried to bite it. The cranberry slaw and honey aioli was TOO sweet with the candied bacon. I came away from lunch with a stomach ache from all the sugar in the sandwich, and I didn't even finish it.

The sandwich was a good idea in theory, but the execution was poor, and the rest of the flavors overwhelming. For the price, it should have been much better food. Very underwhelmed.

Utterly disappointed and will not be returning; I know much better places to eat now for that price with much better service.